• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Fast Food News Part 2

16 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

Man, I am trying to eat a little healthier. I have been to In N Out maybe once in the last month. Used to go twice a week. Might have to go this weekend.

This is the longest I have gone in the last 31 years without having a real burger and fries from INO.  I am 5 and a half weeks into my new way of eating and I haven’t had a bun or bread during that time.  You’d think after 30 plus years of eating there all the damn time I wouldn’t miss it, but man there are days when I am in the stores and all I want to do is eat a standard Double Double with onions and a fry.  But nope, double meat protein with no spread, no fries.  

35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This is the longest I have gone in the last 31 years without having a real burger and fries from INO.  I am 5 and a half weeks into my new way of eating and I haven’t had a bun or bread during that time.  You’d think after 30 plus years of eating there all the damn time I wouldn’t miss it, but man there are days when I am in the stores and all I want to do is eat a standard Double Double with onions and a fry.  But nope, double meat protein with no spread, no fries.  

Lately when I go to Counter, I've been going bunless, on a bed of greens.  I actually put more stuff on it when I eat this way, than if I was doing a burger.  

So I know you can do protein style, where it's bunless and instead wrapped in lettuce.  Is there a way you could order a double double, on a bed of lettuce like in the fry tray minus the bun?  

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

I think it’s just going to be a cheat meal once a week or so. 

Its going to be hard now that I am in rehearsals for two shows and teaching 8 classes a week.

32 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

I think it’s just going to be a cheat meal once a week or so. 

Its going to be hard now that I am in rehearsals for two shows and teaching 8 classes a week.

When I get to a certain weight I will have one, then when I reach my next small goal weight I will have another one.  Once I get down to my actual goal weight I will have them maybe once a week.  

4 hours ago, Lhalo said:

I ordered the In N Out truck to come out to our office in a couple months. Hey @Stradling since the truck doesn't have fries would I be able to go down the street to the District In N Out and order like a 100 trays of fries?

Serious question.

No, we wouldn’t be able to do that.  Too many and they really wouldn’t be that great.  If we were only cooking your order it would take about 20 minutes, and well we wouldn’t be only cooking your order.  

California Democrats declare war on In-N-Out Burger

California Democrats have declared war on one of the most popular family-owned hamburger chains on the West Coast.

Gabe Schneider, a Washington, D.C.-based journalist, discovered that In-N-Out Burger has been engaged in unseemly – if not downright scandalous – behavior.

“In-N-Out added a new item to their secret menu,” Schneider mischievously tweeted.

He then went on to explain that In-N-Out has donated $25,000 (gird yourselves, good readers) to the (no, really – gird yourselves) California Republican Party on Tuesday.

Oh, the humanity. Smelling salts, anyone?

In-N-Out is a beloved hamburger chain based in California and has a cult following. The chain’s double-double burgers, fresh-cut fries and a legendary secret menu have consistently landed it among the most favorite burger chains in the country.

In-N-Out is owned by a deeply religious family, known for discreetly placing Bible verses on hamburger wrappers and soft drink cups.

It's fair to say that In-N-Out is to beef what Chick-fil-A is to poultry.

So when the In-N-Out donation to the California Republican Party was exposed, Democrats and the mainstream media lost their lunch.

“Left-leaning Fast Food Fans Lose Appetite After In-N-Out Burger Donates to California Republicans,” Fortune.com announced.

“Your Favorite Burger Chain Just Donated a Bunch of Money to the Republican Party,” LAMag.com wrote.

“In-N-Out Burger Angers Customers by Donating to Republican Party,” US Weekly declared.

Eric Bauman, the chairman of the California Democratic Party, called for an immediate boycott.

“Et tu In-N-Out,” the state party chairman wrote on Twitter. “Tens of thousands of dollars donated to the California Republican Party…it’s time to #BoycottInNOut – let Trump and his cronies support these creeps…perhaps animal style.”

“Animal style,” by the way, refers to a popular In-N-Out specialty hamburger and not something inappropriate.

So what – now it's morally offensive for business owners to back pro-business Republicans in a state that is run by decidedly anti-business lawmakers?

Fortune.com reports that In-N-Out also donated money to a political action committee that supports Democratic candidates who are “considered cordial to businesses.”

I don't seem to recall any Republicans calling for a burger boycott over that.

In-N-Out has not commented on the controversy, nor should it. The owners of the company have a right to donate as they see fit.

The Democrats’ attacks on In-N-Out are eerily reminiscent of the Great Poultry War of 2012 – when liberals declared war on Chick-fil-A.

Feathers got ruffled when the company’s owner made comments affirming the biblical definition of marriage. Soon, the restaurant chain was facing a full scale assault from Democrats, the mainstream media and Hollywood.

An armistice of sorts was declared thanks to the fine peacekeeping work of former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee. Hundreds of thousands of supporters rallied by vowing to eat more chicken.

But in the ensuing years there have been some minor skirmishes in places like Chicago, Boston and New York City – where Democratic lawmakers tried to stop Chick-fil-A from opening up restaurants. Their nefarious scheme backfired.

All that is to say that Democrats should tread carefully. They do not want a beef with California voters over their double-double with special sauce.

I stood with Chick-fil-A during the Great Poultry War and I am proud to stand alongside In-N-Out Burger.

The most effective way to fight back is to eat more beef, California (with apologies to the Chick-fil-A cows, of course)

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/08/30/todd-starnes-boycott-california-democrats-declare-war-on-in-n-out-burger.html