• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Fast Food News Part 2

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

and yet, you still haven't invited me over.

i'm starting to have serious questions about our friendship.

He had about 25 of us over just last week.  Wondered where you were.

There's a bit of context to it. Obviously the hole in the wall joints where there is futbol or some novelas on the tv's is ideal.....like Zamora's in Santa Ana.

It's weird to explain other than it's a good quick chain type of Mexican food. I agree with Strad on the queso. I love the way they do it with the enchiladas and the rolled tacos (taquitos), even though they are overpriced to the "--ots" spots. And I used to live in a Mexican household and their beans are as close to real stovetop soaked and cooked for authenticate.

I like it as Mexican fast-food. Del Taco chicken soft tacos are second.

Edited by Brandon

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

There's a bit of context to it. Obviously the hole in the wall joints where there is futbol or some novelas on the tv's is ideal.....like Zamora's in Santa Ana.

It's weird to explain other than it's a good quick chain type of Mexican food. I agree with Strad on the queso. I love the way they do it with the enchiladas and the rolled tacos (taquitos), even though they are overpriced to the "--ots" spots. And I used to live in a Mexican household and their beans are as close to real stovetop soaked and cooked for authenticate.

I like it as Mexican fast-food. Del Taco chicken soft tacos are second.

Here is another thing I appreciate about Miguels.  The owner personally checks on each restaurant and evaluates them each week.  Now this may not be the case any more but as of 3 years ago he was checking on each location each week.  Now that they have opened quite a few the last few years I am not sure that is still the case.  Someone I went to Corona high with and worked with an INO for 20 plus years, now works for them as a Divisional Manager and has tried to elevate the customer service as well as the consistency of quality.  I readily admit that Miguels is something you probably appreciate a little more if you grew up with it.  

10 hours ago, Stradling said:

Here is another thing I appreciate about Miguels.  The owner personally checks on each restaurant and evaluates them each week.  Now this may not be the case any more but as of 3 years ago he was checking on each location each week.  Now that they have opened quite a few the last few years I am not sure that is still the case.  Someone I went to Corona high with and worked with an INO for 20 plus years, now works for them as a Divisional Manager and has tried to elevate the customer service as well as the consistency of quality.  I readily admit that Miguels is something you probably appreciate a little more if you grew up with it.  

sounds like my invitation from you won't be forthcoming any time soon.

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

Good to hear about the consistency. Thew newish one in Tustin at The Marketplace seemed a bit off from what I remember in Riverside/Corona.

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

like Zamora's in Santa Ana.

That place is bitchin.  It's up the street from work so I probably hit it up for lunch once or twice every couple weeks.

I made a mistake the first time I went there though, I ordered 5 tacos thinking they were the standard street tacos that fit about a fork worth of meat in there. Lo and behold when they come out they're homemade tortillas the size of pancakes, and a generous serving of meat. It's great.

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

That place is bitchin.  It's up the street from work so I probably hit it up for lunch once or twice every couple weeks.

I made a mistake the first time I went there though, I ordered 5 tacos thinking they were the standard street tacos that fit about a fork worth of meat in there. Lo and behold when they come out they're homemade tortillas the size of pancakes, and a generous serving of meat. It's great.

Yeah, and as soon as you sit down they give you chips with refried beans and cojita which it's easy to fill up on before your food is brought out.

I have Mexican friends that don't think too highly of it, but their debate is usually between Zamora's and Taco De Anda. 

8 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Taco De Anda looks too modern and clean to be taken seriously.

If you want good tacos it has to be the 24 hour taqueria on westminster and springdale off the 405.

Taqueria de Anda is really good.  There is a place in Chino called El Rey, very very good.  Walls are littered with futball pictures.  They have a salsa bar that also has a pot of beans.  They make those fruit juices as well.  

19 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Tito's Tacos in Culver City is good.  They started accepting credit cards last year.

If you can't find a place to park, Johnnie's Pastrami is just around the corner.

Was extremely disappointed with Johnnie's Pastrami.  It was so bland and boring and generic that I wouldn't recommend it at all.  Definitely not worth the price.  

8 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Tito's Tacos in Culver City is good.  They started accepting credit cards last year.

If you can't find a place to park, Johnnie's Pastrami is just around the corner.

Been to Johnnie's several times. Never once felt compelled to try Tito's next door. 

8 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Was extremely disappointed with Johnnie's Pastrami.  It was so bland and boring and generic that I wouldn't recommend it at all.  Definitely not worth the price.  

Once you've been to The Hat it is hard to like other pastrami.