• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Fast Food News Part 2

14 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I went to Los Alamitos High School and we went there almost everyday.I still try to hit them up once in awhile,the onion rings almost come in a shopping bag.Great stuff. I think my buddy Tank would enjoy going so I'm going to invite him along next time and pay for his lunch.

awesome! thanks, roy!

I had never heard of Raisin Canes - one came to the Lakewood Mall about a year ago.

We were driving by there a week after it opened and I never EVER have seen a line like that place had in the drive thru.  It had to be wrapped around the building twice.  I put a guestimate at like 40 cars.

WTF?  For chicken fingers?

6 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I had never heard of Raisin Canes - one came to the Lakewood Mall about a year ago.

We were driving by there a week after it opened and I never EVER have seen a line like that place had in the drive thru.  It had to be wrapped around the building twice.  I put a guestimate at like 40 cars.

WTF?  For chicken fingers?

crappy chicken fingers with ranch dressing loaded with sugar

Was there a line out the door too?  Reason I ask is whenever I go to the In N Out closest to me if it's at peak hours during lunch/dinner there's at least 15 cars backed up in the drive thru and they've got the kid out there with a headset taking orders further back in the line.  I park, walk inside and generally there's maybe 4-5 people in line in front of me.  Kind of ironic people won't get off their asses and go inside to buy a meal that's likely 1,000+ calories.  Maybe Stradling chimes in and says I don't get my order any quicker but I've seen the exact same thing at the local bagel place I go to.  The line isn't as long because the lot is smaller but people spend 20+ minutes in that line while I spend 5 going inside and am eating my food long before they've got their order.    

On 3/14/2019 at 11:30 AM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Was there a line out the door too?  Reason I ask is whenever I go to the In N Out closest to me if it's at peak hours during lunch/dinner there's at least 15 cars backed up in the drive thru and they've got the kid out there with a headset taking orders further back in the line.  I park, walk inside and generally there's maybe 4-5 people in line in front of me.  Kind of ironic people won't get off their asses and go inside to buy a meal that's likely 1,000+ calories.  Maybe Stradling chimes in and says I don't get my order any quicker but I've seen the exact same thing at the local bagel place I go to.  The line isn't as long because the lot is smaller but people spend 20+ minutes in that line while I spend 5 going inside and am eating my food long before they've got their order.    

To explain it isn’t easy, but I will try.  If we are busy in both places then it is going to be about the same amount of wait time.  If you go in during the standard rush times at most stores, then probably not a huge difference.  If you go in during not standard rush times AND there is a long line of cars then going inside would be a little faster, but that is probably only really true at a busy store.  During the rush we at our stores with dining rooms there are three grills going.  One is designated for drives, one is for dining room orders, the third is helping both.  That being said you can only move one car at a time and the process is entirely different.  When you are in the dining room the order taking process is slower, because we take your money then.  In the drive you pull up to one window and pay, which takes 15-30 seconds.  Then you pull up to the next window, they have poured your drinks, they greet you, they hand you the drinks, offer you ketchup and hand you your food if it is ready.  At the counter (dining room) you already have your drink, you’ve probably already got your ketchup or chilies, you’ve already paid, and we can call out and hand out multiple orders at a time.  Not to make this any longer, but we are working on being able to take credit card/debit card payment on the handheld order taker terminal outside that will help.  Unfortunately because of security reasons of credit information it is challenging.  I know Chick fil A does this, but my understanding is our volume of credit transactions puts us in a different category as it relates to security or something along those lines.  Were hoping by summer that will be in affect.  

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

No, never.  First come first serve.  

Chick-fil-A has order ahead through the app, but they don't start making your food until you're close enough to the restaurant and check in. Then, you can pick up food by waiting in the restaurant, going through the drive thru, or parking in a designated Mobile Order parking spot (and they bring the food to your car).

Obviously, INO isn't hurting for business so there's probably no need to make significant changes/additions.

I do like getting points every time I visit CFA, and being able to redeem the points for free food items when I've collected enough. It makes me go there more often. 

Edited by Taylor

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

You guys have singlehandedly ruined the fry percentage at most of my stores.  

Sure... put the blame on us.  Where's the accountability in that?

21 hours ago, Lou said:

my brother used to work for McKay.

that's all I got. 

mckay's dad was pretty funny and quotable in tampa bay: "However, McKay’s most famous quote, bar none, was in answer to the question: “What do you think of your team’s execution coach?” To which McKay replied, “I’m in favor of it.”