• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And in Fast Food News Part 2

3 hours ago, Tank said:

mckay's dad was pretty funny and quotable in tampa bay: "However, McKay’s most famous quote, bar none, was in answer to the question: “What do you think of your team’s execution coach?” To which McKay replied, “I’m in favor of it.”

I hope you realize not all McKays are relat

In-N-Out is the most popular fast-food chain among families, survey claims

In 2018, Techonomic, which tracks consumer brands, surveyed diners who eat out with a partner or kids about which fast food chains brought them the most overall satisfaction. As it turns out, they’re not leaning toward certain types of food but rather places that have menus that can meet every family member’s needs. In-N-Out Burger ranked highest in family satisfaction, with nearly 77 percent of those surveyed giving it a thumbs up—and that includes kids.

Cited in the report was In-N-Out’s customizable “secret menu,” which allows diners to get burgers with up to four patties for meat lovers,  a protein-style burger wrapped in lettuce for carb-watchers and a veggie burger for family members who don’t eat meat. You can even specify if you prefer crispy fries or some with toppings. The chain is also mindful of their younger clients. Diners praised the secret menu’s simpler items, like its grilled cheese on a bun. You can request that sandwiches be cut in half or get a split shake for siblings to share, and there’s the option for chocolate and vanilla swirl or a Neapolitan mix for those who have a hard time choosing just one flavor.

The chain has a history of appealing to families and kids. When it was founded in 1948, owner Harry Snyder introduced the two-way speaker that is today ubiquitous in all drive-throughs, so diners could order their meals without unloading the entire family from the car. In 1970, they introduced drinking glasses featuring holiday, TV and movie characters that could be purchased for 29 cents with the order of a Pepsi. But adults love it too; the West Coast chain was purportedly a favorite of even this revered French-cuisine chef.

In-N-Out has 300 stores nationwide, but only has locations so far in Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, Texas and Utah. But don’t worry, In-N-Out fans, the burger giant does have plans to extend east.

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

Techonomic has praised us for awhile now.  They sponsored an award that was the Most Trusted Brands in OC for a few years, they may still do it.  We were in the top 10 for a few years.  

Is it true they are thinking about expanding east?

"We wanted to make sure we had something that lived up to the expectations of the Whopper," said Burger King's North America president, Christopher Finazzo. "We've done sort of a blind taste test with our franchisees, with people in the office, with my partners on the executive team, and virtually nobody can tell the difference."

I think that says more about the quality of your product. I've had the Impossible Burger before and there is definitely a difference between that and real hamburger. 

"Impossible Foods, based in Redwood City, California, launched its first faux meat patty over two years ago. A genetically modified yeast creates the key ingredient, called heme, which makes the patties appear to bleed and taste like real meat."

So they want to feel like carnivores without actually being one.  I wasn't sure if Tank was a weirdo because he doesn't eat meat or if he doesn't eat meat because he's a weirdo.  Now I know he's not the unique snowflake I thought he was.

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

So they want to feel like carnivores without actually being one.  I wasn't sure if Tank was a weirdo because he doesn't eat meat or if he doesn't eat meat because he's a weirdo.  Now I know he's not the unique snowflake I thought he was.

thanks, buddy.

you wouldn't mind if i used your quote on my resume', would you?

I had an ex that was a vegetarian and got to read the packages and ingredients. The amount of chemicals put in to make shit like non-meat taste like meat is abnormal and I find you're better off eating meat than eating fake or faux products laced with an abundance of chemicals.

That said, I'm curious where science is going with genetically created foods from scratch. Some of it sounds promising with regards to getting rid of antibiotics, preservatives, cancer causing ingredients, etc.

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

Yes, because it’s not a real meat patty.

For people who don’t eat meat it’s like 70% of the way there, which realistically is good enough.  

I’m waiting for the Beyond Beef tacos at Del Taco!

They’re pretty tasty. Had them in the Loma Linda Del Taco.