• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani's next start will be pushed back due to "workload management"

2 minutes ago, Torridd said:

Are you going?

I don’t have tickets yet. I was purposely waiting until it got closer to see the pitching matchups, hopefully getting Ohtani. Once it looked like it was going to happen on Sunday, I was going to buy tickets on stubhub, but the weather forecast was shitty. Thought I’d wait until it got closer to be sure, and now that Ohtani was scratched, I am not sure which game I’ll go to

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The same people complaining about the Angels "babying" Ohtani would blame the Angels if Ohtani needed Tommy John from being overworked.

Tommy John isn’t because people get over worked. That shit just happens. If it was because of over work. It’s the beginning of the season and we have how many pitchers who have to get it on the staff?

53 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Tommy John isn’t because people get over worked. That shit just happens. If it was because of over work. It’s the beginning of the season and we have how many pitchers who have to get it on the staff?

I'd say we need Ohtani the hitter more than Ohtani the pitcher currently.  Give him some time off on the mound, let him keep mashing for us offensively.  Nothing wrong with this.  Barria takes his spot, and the way Barria is pitching, I am okay with this.

27 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

I'd say we need Ohtani the hitter more than Ohtani the pitcher currently.  Give him some time off on the mound, let him keep mashing for us offensively.  Nothing wrong with this.  Barria takes his spot, and the way Barria is pitching, I am okay with this.

So we’d rather have him just be a dh? Why not quit pitching him. These games matter in may just as much as they matter in September. What’s the innings pitched number for him 100? 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

So we’d rather have him just be a dh? Why not quit pitching him. These games matter in may just as much as they matter in September. What’s the innings pitched number for him 100? 

That's quite an overreaction there.  Having him skip one start = quit pitching?  Man, lol.

The dude barely pitched last year.  He is embarking on an endeavor that virtually no player has done in many, many decades (star pitcher + star hitter).  Our management has done a fantastic job of balancing things out.

I do not know his innings limit, nor does anyone else here.  We can reasonably guess maybe somewhere in the low 100s.  

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

Fatigue tends to be a significant factor when it comes to sports injuries..   At least that's what the people who make their living in sports medicine say. 

Damn. Wanted to see them duke it out on the mound. Even thought Tanaka would chew through this poor lineup.

Now, maybe not with Ohtani in it. And if Barraia gets the start, we've got a pretty damn good shot at pulling out Sunday. Not to mention Ohtani in the lineup for the whole series. 

Good move, possibly. 

Of course there's always the chance that the Yankees light up Barrraia's rookie ass lol

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

So he won’t pitch till the Sunday after. This is all because of how hot he came out against Boston and couldn’t locate his pitches. They don’t want all the pressure to be on him in that stadium. Guy pitches once a week this is garbage. 

No, it's not. 

4 hours ago, HaloSpurs said:

Sad about this - at the airport now flying out to New York from the UK for the weekend series, was desperately hoping to see Ohtani pitch - although as long as he’s hitting it’s some consolation 

This is fantastic. Where are you coming from and how did you become an Angels fan? 

To think, all this time I thought you were a San Antonio fan.