• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani's next start will be pushed back due to "workload management"

Would absolutely be awesome if he tears the cover off the ball the whole series and shows the world that pressure doesn't affect him. 

How cool would it be (though I know it's not going to happen and prefer him as a starter) if in one of the games the Angels have a slight lead and they surprise everyone by using him to close the game that he had already hit in and he shut down the top of their lineup?    Can you imagine what the energy would be like around it?

Image result for i know from experience

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

That's quite an overreaction there.  Having him skip one start = quit pitching?  Man, lol.

The dude barely pitched last year.  He is embarking on an endeavor that virtually no player has done in many, many decades (star pitcher + star hitter).  Our management has done a fantastic job of balancing things out.

I do not know his innings limit, nor does anyone else here.  We can reasonably guess maybe somewhere in the low 100s.  

My only argument is it feels like they are skipping the Yankees because it’s the Yankees in Yankee stadium 

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Fatigue tends to be a significant factor when it comes to sports injuries..   At least that's what the people who make their living in sports medicine say. 

So again a month into the season these pitchers were fatigued? And that’s what caused the Tommy John injury?

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

@Kevinb is an expert on sports injuries.

Injuries happen due to fatigue yes but not every injury happens do to fatigue. Pitchers get Tommy John injury a month into the season and you’re claiming it was due to fatigue. Hayward destroyed his leg what 8 minutes into playing basketball for the Celtics. Must have been fatigue? 

3 minutes ago, Dick Enberg said:

Three righties going for the Yankees this weekend.. Angels starters throwing well lately. they just want his bat in the line up. Mondays game is in detroit with a lefty throwing. Othani will sit Monday and throw Tuesday.

So their management is putting him back 2 days?

51 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

My only argument is it feels like they are skipping the Yankees because it’s the Yankees in Yankee stadium 

I know you feel that way, but that is not necessarily the case.  I would like for him to get periodic rest.  The dude's rep is he actually elevates himself for big games, i.e., a big game pitcher.  They aren't afraid to pitch him against good teams.  He's already started against both Boston and Houston.  He only struggled against Boston because of that blister.  Don't worry man, trust the process.

3 hours ago, Warfarin said:

I'd say we need Ohtani the hitter more than Ohtani the pitcher currently.  Give him some time off on the mound, let him keep mashing for us offensively.  Nothing wrong with this.  Barria takes his spot, and the way Barria is pitching, I am okay with this.

I'd just keep all 6 pitching up here, limit their starts but also allowing them to pitch a little deeper into games.   The bullpen at this rate will be gassed by August.

5 hours ago, Kevinb said:

So he won’t pitch till the Sunday after. This is all because of how hot he came out against Boston and couldn’t locate his pitches. They don’t want all the pressure to be on him in that stadium. Guy pitches once a week this is garbage. 

No it’s not because of that

Keep in mind he also threw a season high 110 pitches in his last start.  So they "pushed" him further than he had before.  I know we are used to seeing that number eclipsed often in the past, but times are different now.  I am sure this was a factor, too.