• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani's next start will be pushed back due to "workload management"

Just now, totdprods said:

Wonder if they're just wanting to keep his bat in the line-up for an extended run. The rotation has been solid of late so it kinda makes sense.

I think so.

That and Barria can replace him this Sunday.

Just now, totdprods said:

Wonder if they're just wanting to keep his bat in the line-up for an extended run. The rotation has been solid of late so it kinda makes sense.

if so, I like it. Yankee short right field, maybe Ohtani can hit one into the upper deck and Yankee fans have a melt down. 

2 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

If his bat will be in the lineup all three games I am honestly okay with this.

I think that's the intent...they need him to help the offense. 

Think this is another precursor to moves coming to help the line-up soon....the Briceno addition to the 40, releasing Schimpf, etc..

17 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Do you guys remember when Strasburg came back from TJS and they put him on the 160 inning limit, used him up early and had to play postseason without him? Let’s not Rizzo ourselves here

Yes - and they've also mentioned that as the year goes on, he may move off the once-a-week schedule and perhaps pitch on a typical MLB rotation schedule, and that they may also let him hit when he pitches once rosters expand. It makes sense to rest him the first half of the year so we can lean on him a little more in the stretch run.

2 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Honestly the baby bombers might hurt his confidence a little

start him in Detroit. 

They better keep his bat in the line up then 

I think this is part of it.  The KC postponement and then BoSox was a disaster.  Probably want to give him baby steps.

also give him more ABs so he can qualify.

Or maybe this is the reason?  Better to have Ohtani hit on Saturday and possibly Sunday, than have to deal with possibly pitching or not pitching or pitching again in their crap weather on Sunday.

New York, NY 10 Day Weather

11:52 am EDT
Print
DAY

DESCRIPTION HIGH / LOW PRECIP WIND HUMIDITY
TODAY

MAY 24
Sunny
81°61°
0%
WNW 5 mph 28%
FRI

MAY 25
Mostly Sunny
87°67°
0%
WSW 12 mph 47%
SAT

MAY 26
PM Thunderstorms
88°65°
60%
SW 8 mph 62%
SUN

MAY 27
Thunderstorms
69°60°
90%
ENE 8 mph 88%

35 minutes ago, CubsFan said:

I think this is part of it.  The KC postponement and then BoSox was a disaster.  Probably want to give him baby steps.

also give him more ABs so he can qualify.

If this is true, I don't like it. Avoiding certain teams? And what does say about Barria? And then other pitchers have to get "thrown in the fire" when their turn hasn't come up? It's a very sheltered point of view. Monitoring pitch count is one thing, but avoiding the Yanks would be degrading.

28 minutes ago, HaloSpurs said:

Sad about this - at the airport now flying out to New York from the UK for the weekend series, was desperately hoping to see Ohtani pitch - although as long as he’s hitting it’s some consolation 

Man, I hope you don’t get rained out bud.