• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 5/15/2018 Astros vs Angels (Trout at leadoff, Ohtani 2nd)

Can someone please tell me why Parker couldn’t have come in to face Altuve and get five outs to win it?

Altuve crushes LHP with RISP.

But Anderson is allowed to pitch multiple innings?

Parker has pitched ONE inning and ONE pitch the past TEN days, and has a 1.80 ERA the past 15 innings.

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Can someone please tell me why Parker couldn’t have come in to face Altuve and get five outs to win it?

Altuve crushes LHP with RISP.

But Anderson is allowed to pitch multiple innings?

Parker has pitched ONE inning and ONE pitch the past TEN days, and has a 1.80 ERA the past 15 innings.

Alex curry is firing the tough questions right now to Sosh. Let’s listen in.

lmao. She gave credit to the offense tonight. 

5 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Fundamental Baseball. Game comprehension. After spending a few weeks on this board, I have lost absolutely all respect for those arm-chair managers who blame the front office or manager for every failing the players have. The sheer chutzpah of trying to claim, with a straight face, that you saw this or that coming, and insisting that anyone with any baseball understanding can see it coming, when all they can actually see is what happened. "Why did you take Barria out after only 94 pitches" can simply be restated as "Why would you leave Barria in when he's already thrown more pitches than any time in his career?". Just as "Gotta stick with Alvarez here because he's the only rested, reliable arm" gets substituted with "how can you leave him in to blow the lead" - all depending on the outcomes. And then, THEN, "supporting" their assinine conclusions (based on things that have already happened) by claiming that nobody else understands fundamental baseball. 

I'm frustrated. ANOTHER tough loss as the Angels try desperately to hold on with a bullpen devastated by injury. But at least we can count on the 'knowledgeable' baseball fans to tell us what should have happened, based solely on what actually did. Cowards.

Damn...best post I have read in 14 years on this board.

This game exposed every weakness this team has. Starters can't go deep enough. Bullpen is overworked, very shallow, and VERY shaky. Offense is prone to horrendous slumps. Baserunning/coaching is suspect. 

Some of this, Eppler failed to address or thought our in-house options were good enough. Some of it is coaching. Much of it is players who are either scuffling so hard that they can't see straight or just aren't performing to expectations. 

We need another starting pitcher, one who is capable of going deep into ballgames while keeping this team in the game, multiple bullpen arms, and, as has become apparent, a starting right fielder. 

I don't know if all these needs can be addressed. If they aren't, however, we may be looking at yet another postseason that doesn't involve the Angels. 

8 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Storm, knock it off, be the bigger person.  Stop stooping to their level.  

Their pissed off and so am I.  I can take them venting on the loss.  I tolerate the ridiculous blame Scioscia on everything.  I do get pissed off at by every post sniffing Astros jock and saying we are playing for 2nd place.  

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

Their pissed off and so am I.  I can take them venting on the loss.  I tolerate the ridiculous blame Scioscia on everything.  I do get pissed off at every sniffing Astros jock and saying we are playing for 2nd place.  

Same. I hate losing, but don't think it's healthy to get so low after every loss. I do understand that people have different ways of celebrating and venting, just wish it didn't always have to disrespect the team or their leaders. Shit happens. 

The starters’ innings isn’t much of an issue now.

Having a crappy bullpen is!

Even if your starters average 7 innings a start, a crappy bullpen still does you no good in close games.

Barria needed to come out of the game.   21 years old with season high in pitches by several pitches

The ONE thing Scioscia should have done differently was to replace Alvarez with Parker to face Altuve, who kills LHP.   Alvarez was already looking shaky before facing Altuve.

If they have Anderson pitching multiple innings, then why not do the same with Parker, who is well rested lately?

Just now, nando714 said:

2 hits that went over the fence..after that...not much 

Well I mean....the guy came in having allowed just 30 hits in 56.2 IP. Tonight's game though is a good reminder of why this team likely won't last long in October(assuming they get there). This is a playoff type match-up where you're facing good pitching so runs will be at a premium. This is where your pen has to show its worth and once again the Angels pen crapped its pants

Just now, bloodbrother said:

Well I mean....the guy came in having allowed just 30 hits in 56.2 IP. Tonight's game though is a good reminder of why this team likely won't last long in October(assuming they get there). This is a playoff type match-up where you're facing good pitching so runs will be at a premium. This is where your pen has to show its worth and once again the Angels pen crapped its pants

I like our chances, because what we really need Is a bullpen, two arms would be great.  Those guys are pretty easily acquired at the deadline without giving up the farm.  I think we can also acquire a better option at RF if it is still needed.  I know we lost, but we have played this team tough in basically every game.  We aren’t as far away as people think even though it is tough to see that after a brutal loss.  

Just now, SuperTroopers said:

I like our chances, because what we really need Is a bullpen, two arms would be great.  Those guys are pretty easily acquired at the deadline without giving up the farm.  I think we can also acquire a better option at RF if it is still needed.  I know we lost, but we have played this team tough in basically every game.  We aren’t as far away as people think even though it is tough to see that after a brutal loss.  

If Eppler waits until July though, will the team still be in contention?

This disgusting pen cannot be counted on to get through even the rest of this month, much less June and part of July.