• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 5/15/2018 Astros vs Angels (Trout at leadoff, Ohtani 2nd)

4 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I can't show how I feel about post,even if I think it's stupid.There are a couple of new guys who just say stupid stuff and I got tired of not saying anything.

Well considering this is your first post sounds like you are the newest guy ?

17 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I may be new to posting but I have been here for some time.I have not felt the need to post until the recent wave of stupid comments.

So you don't post under any other screen name correct?

*By the way I would put you in Right Field for Calhoun.  Significant upgrade.

8 hours ago, artesmustache said:

Yep but I don't think they can win division but that doesn't matter too much in mlb now, just get in. I think we are competing with toronto, minny, seattle, ny, Boston as much as houston. 

Forgive me if I ask Houston to take the division away from us instead of giving it to them.

13 hours ago, cjcinec said:

Scioscia's pitching moves have backfired all season long. He continues to over manage this team. Pitchers can’t throw strikes. Catchers can’t keep the ball in front of them. You pretty much know if it’s a close game the bullpen is going to cough it up. Good thing they held on last night or they would be looking at another home sweep with Verlander pitching tomorrow. Can this team win despite the fact Scioscia's the manager?

And yet we have the:

4th lowest ERA

5th lowest BAA

2nd fewest BB

3rd most Ks

7 minutes ago, Lou said:

And yet we have the:

4th lowest ERA

5th lowest BAA

2nd fewest BB

3rd most Ks

That's all fine and dandy in that it shows that our "players" aren't as crappy as people make them out to be. So when a game situation goes poorly, why does everyone blame the player? I'll say it again and again, don't blame the dog for chewing your couch (he's just being a dog), blame the owner. Scioscia is incapable of seeing that his pitcher is shitting the bed. He seems to only remove the pitcher when

A. He's coming to a 90 pitch threshold

B. He's just given up 2 hits and walked the bases loaded only to have the next pitcher start from a crap position.

Does the fire always have to be roaring before he tries to put it out? Its painful to watch.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

If the fire isn't roaring you bitch about yanking the pitcher too soon, as was evidenced in last night's game.

Hindsight is fun. 

Find me the quote where I said he was pulled too soon? I have no problem with him being pulled at 97 pitches or whatever he ended with. At the same time I don't need to see 2 hits and a walk to know the pitcher isn't on point for the night. Yes players have bad nights and they aren't perfect (i totally agree with that sentiment) but i expect the manager to be willing to make that change well before the fire is lit.

Again, I never ever speak to outcomes. I speak to decisions. Good decisions can have poor outcomes and poor decisions can have good outcomes. I don't personally feel like he's making the correct decisions.

Just now, SuperTroopers said:

It’s just another example of the manager only losses games and players only win games.   In other words people have never lead people before.  

I don't know if you are interpreting what i'm saying as that but that's not the message i am trying to relay. Poor decisions and poor execution both from a manager and a player lose games. Sure there are times when you are flat out beat no matter what you do, but its important in self evaluation to find areas you can improve that give you better opportunities to turn that around. If you aren't trying to fix and control what you can control wtf are you doing? If a fielder gets 5 holed on an error that's 100% on him, but if that player has done that 3 times in a row that's on the manager for not identifying that and fixing it.

I would think finding relievers would be one of the easiest positions to fill.

I mean, c'mon dead beat teams like the Rays, Tigers, Orioles, Reds, etc, gotta have some relief pitchers we could raid. Although I could understand why those teams don't wanna deal now because it would look like they are giving up on their season half way through May.

8 minutes ago, Puget Sound Angel said:

I would think finding relievers would be one of the easiest positions to fill.

I mean, c'mon dead beat teams like the Rays, Tigers, Orioles, Reds, etc, gotta have some relief pitchers we could raid. Although I could understand why those teams don't wanna deal now because it would look like they are giving up on their season half way through May.

Miami must have something left.  And they Don't care if fans know they are tanking 

Is there something in Parker that Scioscia doesn't trust, but trusts his other relief pitchers?

To continue to go to Johnson, Anderson, BadRock, etc., when Parker has been the best of them all since the second week of April...it's stupdifying.  

One inning plus one pitch for Parker over the past 10 days????????????????????

27 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Is there something in Parker that Scioscia doesn't trust, but trusts his other relief pitchers?

To continue to go to Johnson, Anderson, BadRock, etc., when Parker has been the best of them all since the second week of April...it's stupdifying.  

One inning plus one pitch for Parker over the past 10 days????????????????????

Maybe Scioscia doesn't like how he sets 5 times between pitches.