• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 5/15/2018 Astros vs Angels (Trout at leadoff, Ohtani 2nd)

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

And blows up over little things.

The recovery is to be commended, but where is that toughness when things begin to go against him.   Then he becomes CJ Nibbler.

He's not a #1 ace starter, agreed. But there is a pretty wide spread between that and useless vagina. 

It's funny how all the other teams in the league manage to close out games without lock down pitchers in every slot. It must strictly have been the angels bullpen that's just so astonishingly unlucky to have 7 guys who are the worst in baseball. 

Hint hint...scioscia cannot manage a bp to save his life 

3 minutes ago, 101halo said:

A generational talent in Trout and the most fascinating experiment in 100 years in Ohtani. This team is beyond unwatchable. 

Edit:  Oops, forgot the best defensive SS in the majors who looks like he's actually a stud with the bat, too. Silly me. 

And a mediocre win-loss record because they ignored the bullpen. Alvarez and Bedrosian are relied on for the biggest outs of the game. And hopefully Trout took notes on how an MVP should should hit with the game on the line. 

4 minutes ago, 101halo said:

A generational talent in Trout and the most fascinating experiment in 100 years in Ohtani. This team is beyond unwatchable. 

Edit:  Oops, forgot the best defensive SS in the majors who looks like he's actually a stud with the bat, too. Silly me. 

And the worst bullpen out of all AL contenders, by far

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

And a mediocre win-loss record because they ignored the bullpen. Alvarez and Bedrosian are relied on for the biggest outs of the game. And hopefully Trout took notes on how an MVP should should hit with the game on the line. 

96-97 win pace is super mediocre. 

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

So mr statistic, what gives you that impression? Is it the 0 playoff wins in how many years now? Scioscia is skating off 2002. Arte is a moron for keeping him around 

So what? He owns the team. We've just come to accept things.

3 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Mediocre win loss record....we were winning 60% of our games entering tonight.

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I legitimately cannot take you seriously. You simply don't understand basic fundamental baseball. Keep living on baseball reference, it's truly amazing how poorly you comprehend the game 

Fundamental Baseball. Game comprehension. After spending a few weeks on this board, I have lost absolutely all respect for those arm-chair managers who blame the front office or manager for every failing the players have. The sheer chutzpah of trying to claim, with a straight face, that you saw this or that coming, and insisting that anyone with any baseball understanding can see it coming, when all they can actually see is what happened. "Why did you take Barria out after only 94 pitches" can simply be restated as "Why would you leave Barria in when he's already thrown more pitches than any time in his career?". Just as "Gotta stick with Alvarez here because he's the only rested, reliable arm" gets substituted with "how can you leave him in to blow the lead" - all depending on the outcomes. And then, THEN, "supporting" their assinine conclusions (based on things that have already happened) by claiming that nobody else understands fundamental baseball. 

I'm frustrated. ANOTHER tough loss as the Angels try desperately to hold on with a bullpen devastated by injury. But at least we can count on the 'knowledgeable' baseball fans to tell us what should have happened, based solely on what actually did. Cowards.

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

And the worst bullpen out of all AL contenders, by far

On this we agree 100%, assuming you think that Cleveland's atrocious start from their pen is just random variation (I do). And I trust Eppler to work on it. I'm just saying that it's absurd to say the team is unwatchable. 

Just now, Pablo said:

Fundamental Baseball. Game comprehension. After spending a few weeks on this board, I have lost absolutely all respect for those arm-chair managers who blame the front office or manager for every failing the players have. The sheer chutzpah of trying to claim, with a straight face, that you saw this or that coming, and insisting that anyone with any baseball understanding can see it coming, when all they can actually see is what happened. "Why did you take Barria out after only 94 pitches" can simply be restated as "Why would you leave Barria in when he's already thrown more pitches than any time in his career?". Just as "Gotta stick with Alvarez here because he's the only rested, reliable arm" gets substituted with "how can you leave him in to blow the lead" - all depending on the outcomes. And then, THEN, "supporting" their assinine conclusions (based on things that have already happened) by claiming that nobody else understands fundamental baseball. 

I'm frustrated. ANOTHER tough loss as the Angels try desperately to hold on with a bullpen devastated by injury. But at least we can count on the 'knowledgeable' baseball fans to tell us what should have happened, based solely on what actually did. Cowards.

Thank you.