• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 5/15/2018 Astros vs Angels (Trout at leadoff, Ohtani 2nd)

2 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

I like our chances, because what we really need Is a bullpen, two arms would be great.  Those guys are pretty easily acquired at the deadline without giving up the farm.  I think we can also acquire a better option at RF if it is still needed.  I know we lost, but we have played this team tough in basically every game.  We aren’t as far away as people think even though it is tough to see that after a brutal loss.  

Feel the same. I'm hoping it can happen before the deadline, though. 

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

If Eppler waits until July though, will the team still be in contention?

This disgusting pen cannot be counted on to get through even the rest of this month, much less June and part of July.

Well we are on pace to win 96 games.  Will that get us to the playoffs?

1 minute ago, SuperTroopers said:

I like our chances, because what we really need Is a bullpen, two arms would be great.  Those guys are pretty easily acquired at the deadline without giving up the farm.  I think we can also acquire a better option at RF if it is still needed.  I know we lost, but we have played this team tough in basically every game.  We aren’t as far away as people think even though it is tough to see that after a brutal loss.  

I think we do see them get a legit closer like Herrera or Iglesias or maybe Brad Hand(who knows who else will be on the market by July), but after that I don't see them depleting the farm too much for other options. They can probably get another middle reliever type guy for cheap and for RF they can really just add any replacement bat and it's a huge upgrade over Kole right now

Just now, artesmustache said:

You're going to go crazy getting so jacked over a loss, who cares if houston wins 110 games and angels Win 88 but get the wild card? We just need to get in. Long season bro. Now if you get the Halos tonight, rage on.

So we are on pace to win 96 games and the Astros are on pace to win 99 games, but they will win 11 more than that and we will lose 8 more than that.  Ok, sounds reasonable.  

On pace means nothing. Houston is a much better team than angels and will separate by years end. 

I'm on pace to jerk off 5 times today...but that's not realistic

Before you say that isn’t possible, let me count your posts, you might be there already.  

5 minutes ago, artesmustache said:

You're going to go crazy getting so jacked over a loss, who cares if houston wins 110 games and angels Win 88 but get the wild card? We just need to get in. Long season bro. Now if you bet the Halos tonight, rage on.

Losers assume they are going to lose.

I am getting jacked up at all the comments suggesting we are playing for 2nd place.

I don't care if we only win 88 if he make the WC.  However I do care if we are conceding the season to the Astros.  Houston either has to win or Angel's has to lose 119 games to take the division from us.  And they only have 118 games left.  So F everyone who says we are playing for 2nd place 

17 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

If Eppler waits until July though, will the team still be in contention?

This disgusting pen cannot be counted on to get through even the rest of this month, much less June and part of July.

That's what I'm worried about. The bullpen is scary right now.

4 minutes ago, artesmustache said:

I like that mentality. Can you play right field or pitch?

Honestly, it will probably take 98+ wins to win the West. halos pitching is nowhere near that. They just need consistency. 

They are on pace to win 97 games now.

Now I do agree we will need to address some needs (bullpen, RF, and 2B) by the midway point to have a realistic chance.  Right now we are over achieving, but things will catch up if we dont get improvement out of those areas.

27 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Well I mean....the guy came in having allowed just 30 hits in 56.2 IP. Tonight's game though is a good reminder of why this team likely won't last long in October(assuming they get there). This is a playoff type match-up where you're facing good pitching so runs will be at a premium. This is where your pen has to show its worth and once again the Angels pen crapped its pants

What did 3 of the the previous 4 games against the Astros show you?

And they will address them in July and august...but at what cost are you willing to do it? I myself say wait until August to raid the waiver wire. If they fall out of contention before then, were they really good enough anyways?

I am really confused.  Weren't you the same guy say just saying Astros are a"much better team and separate from us"?