• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rangers (4/10/18)

Chuck

Just now, Angelsfan1984 said:

You want to try again?

Kaleb Cowart is not in the Angels' starting lineup on Saturday against the Blue Jays.

A day after the rookie had a three-hit night, he takes a seat in favor of veteran Cliff Pennington. Cowart has an intriguing blend of power and speed, but needs to secure more regular playing time before he becomes an option in most mixed leagues.
Sat, Jul 29, 2017 10:37:00 AM

I am not going to waste my time and look it up.  I do know I was a strong advocate of giving Cowart a shot.  I was hyped that he started off hot.  And I was pissed they sat him one game.   I even was critical of Scioscia for doing it.  And I know there are at least two dozen members on this board who will testify that I rarely criticize Scioscia.  After the game it was reported he had a minor injury 

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

I am not going to waste my time and look it up.  I do know I was a strong advocate of giving Cowart a shot.  I was hyped that he started off hot.  And I was pissed they sat him one game.   I even was critical of Scioscia for doing it.  And I know there are at least two dozen members on this board who will testify that I rarely criticize Scioscia.  After the game it was reported he had a minor injury 

Here let me do it for you. No injury, just a benching and 2 days later he had 2 more hits. He lost his groove from the platoon. Baseball is a game of reps and timing. If that is messed with people tend to struggle.

Kaleb Cowart went 3-for-4 with a double and an RBI as the Angels topped the Blue Jays on Friday.

Cowart got the Halos on the board with an RBI single in the second inning. The 25-year-old is slashing .471/.526/.647 with three RBI in his limited action thus far.

Fri, Jul 28, 2017 10:56:00 PM

Kaleb Cowart is not in the Angels' starting lineup on Saturday against the Blue Jays.

A day after the rookie had a three-hit night, he takes a seat in favor of veteran Cliff Pennington. Cowart has an intriguing blend of power and speed, but needs to secure more regular playing time before he becomes an option in most mixed leagues.

Source: Jeff Fletcher on Twitter Saturday Jul 29, 2017

Kaleb Cowart collected a pair of singles with two runs scored and a stolen base in Tuesday's game against the Phillies.

Cowart has made a big impact in his brief time in the majors, posting five multi-hit games over seven starts since being recalled from Triple-A Salt Lake on July 25. He has shown a little pop and some speed during the early stages of his time in the majors and is a player worth monitoring.

Wed, Aug 2, 2017 03:12:00 AM

9 minutes ago, red321 said:

A player that is on the big league roster this year....as compared to Cowart.

Are you serious?  Cowart has a broken bone in his foot. He would have been called up otherwise and would have made the roster out of spring if Valubuena wasnt making so much money.

Loud noises!!!

Given how badly they have butchered this Ohtani situation so far this season, I guess it's totally justified be outraged.   This wouldn't even be an issue if only they had listened to this board and sent him to AAA where he clearly belongs.....  Maybe we see Ohtani the pinch hitter tonight.

I'm more concerned with seeing if Skaggs finally overcomes his issues facing Texas. 

He's been their bitch.

4 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Here let me do it for you. No injury, just a benching and 2 days later he had 2 more hits. He lost his groove from the platoon. Baseball is a game of reps and timing. If that is messed with people tend to struggle.

Kaleb Cowart went 3-for-4 with a double and an RBI as the Angels topped the Blue Jays on Friday.

Cowart got the Halos on the board with an RBI single in the second inning. The 25-year-old is slashing .471/.526/.647 with three RBI in his limited action thus far.

Fri, Jul 28, 2017 10:56:00 PM

Source: Jeff Fletcher on Twitter Saturday Jul 29, 2017

Kaleb Cowart collected a pair of singles with two runs scored and a stolen base in Tuesday's game against the Phillies.

Cowart has made a big impact in his brief time in the majors, posting five multi-hit games over seven starts since being recalled from Triple-A Salt Lake on July 25. He has shown a little pop and some speed during the early stages of his time in the majors and is a player worth monitoring.

Wed, Aug 2, 2017 03:12:00 AM

Than how did he play is 27 games from last week in July through August!

4 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Are you serious?  Cowart has a broken bone in his foot. He would have been called up otherwise and would have made the roster out of spring if Valubuena wasnt making so much money.

Is he? Laugh...that's how little I pay attention or give a shit about Cowart at this point. 

1 hour ago, JarsOfClay said:

3 things:

1. Scioscia has already benched Ohtani due to a lefty starting earlier this year and even admitted because it was a lefty.

2. Scioscia has a history of doing this shit. He did it last year with Cowart remember?

3. Scioscia is obsessed with platoons, he has been for his entire horrible stint here.

1. You're an idiot.

2. See 1.

3. See 2.

1 hour ago, JarsOfClay said:

3 things:

1. Scioscia has already benched Ohtani due to a lefty starting earlier this year and even admitted because it was a lefty.

2. Scioscia has a history of doing this shit. He did it last year with Cowart remember?

3. Scioscia is obsessed with platoons, he has been for his entire horrible stint here.

And you are obsessed with bashing Scioscia. There seems to be many reasons why Ohtani is not playing today (such as: blisters, just pitched 7 innings, puljos needing a day at DH, lefty pitcher) taken all together, this seems like a perfect day for him to grab an extra breather. It seems to me like we will most like see Ohtani DH three times a week more than four times a week. Which I am fine with if it keeps him and everyone else fresh. But stop with the scioscia bitching, we are 8-3 and off to our best start. Just enjoy being a fan instead of giving yourself an ulcer. 

3 minutes ago, stanick88 said:

And you are obsessed with bashing Scioscia. There seems to be many reasons why Ohtani is not playing today (such as: blisters, just pitched 7 innings, puljos needing a day at DH, lefty pitcher) taken all together, this seems like a perfect day for him to grab an extra breather. It seems to me like we will most like see Ohtani DH three times a week more than four times a week. Which I am fine with if it keeps him and everyone else fresh. But stop with the scioscia bitching, we are 8-3 and off to our best start. Just enjoy being a fan instead of giving yourself an ulcer. 

Yes he is obsessed

2 hours ago, Dave Saltzer said:

Not to be an ass, and not to purely pick a fight, but Scioscia has said all along that they will work in conjunction with Ohtani to develop how to use him. So, let's say that Scioscia or a coach asked Ohtani how his arm is feeling today, and Ohtani said "a bit sore". Or what if Ohtani woke up with a bit of the flu? Scioscia then takes Ohtani out of the lineup, and he would never reveal that potential soreness or illness to anyone.

I'm clearly NOT in Texas and have no way of knowing if this is or is not true, but it is possible. I don't want anyone claiming that I've said that Ohtani is sore or injured or anything. I'm just pointing out as fans, we are only able to see such a tiny amount of the information that goes into a manager's decisions. Things like this do happen (I've been aware of reasons why a player wasn't in the lineup that I couldn't reveal), and fans were going nuts about the decision. I'm just pointing out before the board flips out and goes crazy over this decision that it is possible that other factors could have weighed in on the decision.

well, david, that's going to require some reasonable thinking from a lot of people here, and there's a stunningly long history against that for some.

it's week 2, folks. they're trying to figure this out. why not let them? stop seeing shadows on the grassy knoll.

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

if you went to olive garden for lunch with scioscia, meal comes and you say be right back I have to wash my hands...do you trust scioscia to not take a bite of your lasagna? No, me neither and that's why I don't trust him with how he handles ohtani, or the bullpen or his ability to put on matching socks in the morning.

WTH did i just read? LOL.