• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rangers (4/10/18)

Chuck

20 minutes ago, Dave Saltzer said:

Question here for everyone: What if Mike Trout said that he really wants to play for Scioscia for his career and wants to be an Angel for life? Would you be willing to keep Scioscia as the manager for that scenario?

Hell yes! In fact I have often said I would ask Trout what he thought before letting Sosh go at the end of the year.

28 minutes ago, krAbs said:

All that being said...Ohtani is a big reason why I like watching the team right now, and I've been looking forward to seeing him hit since the end of the game on Sunday. I'm bummed.

I'll tune in to Watch Trout, Upton, Simmons, Maldonado, Skaggs.

Right now the offense seems to be fine. Scioscia needs to make sure Ohtani is ready for Sunday. So maybe he plays in the field or DH's on Wednesday, Thursday,  Friday. Fine with me.

35 minutes ago, Dave Saltzer said:

Not to be an ass, and not to purely pick a fight, but Scioscia has said all along that they will work in conjunction with Ohtani to develop how to use him. So, let's say that Scioscia or a coach asked Ohtani how his arm is feeling today, and Ohtani said "a bit sore". Or what if Ohtani woke up with a bit of the flu? Scioscia then takes Ohtani out of the lineup, and he would never reveal that potential soreness or illness to anyone.

I'm clearly NOT in Texas and have no way of knowing if this is or is not true, but it is possible. I don't want anyone claiming that I've said that Ohtani is sore or injured or anything. I'm just pointing out as fans, we are only able to see such a tiny amount of the information that goes into a manager's decisions. Things like this do happen (I've been aware of reasons why a player wasn't in the lineup that I couldn't reveal), and fans were going nuts about the decision. I'm just pointing out before the board flips out and goes crazy over this decision that it is possible that other factors could have weighed in on the decision.

3 things:

1. Scioscia has already benched Ohtani due to a lefty starting earlier this year and even admitted because it was a lefty.

2. Scioscia has a history of doing this shit. He did it last year with Cowart remember?

3. Scioscia is obsessed with platoons, he has been for his entire horrible stint here.

6 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

3 things:

1. Scioscia has already benched Ohtani due to a lefty starting earlier this year and even admitted because it was a lefty.

2. Scioscia has a history of doing this shit. He did it last year with Cowart remember?

3. Scioscia is obsessed with platoons, he has been for his entire horrible stint here.

No he hasn’t benched him because a lefty was starting.  

7 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Damn, was looking for Showtani to put on a show in Texas against the Rangers in that hitter-friendly ballpark. But at least the offense has been really good to start the year and that is without Kinsler playing  and Trout slumping by his standards! Win the game!

Trust in Trout tonight

Just now, Troll Daddy said:

I trust Sosh on this (Ohtani) ... he works for Eppler, it's not a dictatorship. 

if you went to olive garden for lunch with scioscia, meal comes and you say be right back I have to wash my hands...do you trust scioscia to not take a bite of your lasagna? No, me neither and that's why I don't trust him with how he handles ohtani, or the bullpen or his ability to put on matching socks in the morning.

17 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

No he hasn’t benched him because a lefty was starting.  

Sounds like it to me:

Jeff FletcherVerified account @JeffFletcherOCR

FollowingFollowing @JeffFletcherOCR
M#Angels lineup: Kinsler, Trout, Upton, Pujols, Cozart, Calhoun, Simmons, Young DH, Maldonado. Kinsler back. Ohtani not starting v a LHP.
4:12 PM - 30 Mar 2018

8 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

So seeing as how you didn't address 2 and 3 I assume you agree. About time Strad...

No I’m sure we’re all sold on how awesome Cowart is offensively, and sure he likes platoons.   Ohtani being on the roster means he has zero choice but to platoon.  

9 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

if you went to olive garden for lunch with scioscia, meal comes and you say be right back I have to wash my hands...do you trust scioscia to not take a bite of your lasagna? No, me neither and that's why I don't trust him with how he handles ohtani, or the bullpen or his ability to put on matching socks in the morning.

100% sound logic.  

1 minute ago, SuperTroopers said:

No I’m sure we’re all sold on how awesome Cowart is offensively, and sure he likes platoons.   Ohtani being on the roster means he has zero choice but to platoon.  

Cowart was platooned with Pennington of all people. A player who couldn't even get a major league deal at the end of last season. 

Pennington is light years better than Cowart though right?