• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rangers (4/10/18)

Chuck

3 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Sounds like it to me:

Jeff FletcherVerified account @JeffFletcherOCR

FollowingFollowing @JeffFletcherOCR
M#Angels lineup: Kinsler, Trout, Upton, Pujols, Cozart, Calhoun, Simmons, Young DH, Maldonado. Kinsler back. Ohtani not starting v a LHP.
4:12 PM - 30 Mar 2018

Well damn, you might be right.  Why did I think yesterday was the first win without Ohtani?  

Just now, JarsOfClay said:

Cowart was platooned with Pennington of all people. A player who couldn't even get a major league deal at the end of last season. 

Pennington is light years better than Cowart though right? 

A player that ended up being better than Cowart last year.   Cowart hit like shit, which sucks because I wanted him starting over Yunel.   When he started most of August he hit .150.   At some point it’s on the player.  Oh and Pennington hit .333 that month, he hit .253 on the season and .267 the second half.   All better than Cowart.   For a guy that doesn’t value defense you sure value Cowart way too much.   

1 minute ago, SuperTroopers said:

A player that ended up being better than Cowart last year.   Cowart hit like shit, which sucks because I wanted him starting over Yunel.   When he started most of August he hit .150.   At some point it’s on the player.  Oh and Pennington hit .333 that month, he hit .253 on the season and .267 the second half.   All better than Cowart.   For a guy that doesn’t value defense you sure value Cowart way too much.   

I remember Cowart hitting over .400 when he first got called up started to struggle once the platoon started.  

Maybe it threw him off his game, maybe he lost confidence, or maybe it was a coincidence, but you cant sit here and tell me Scioscia gave him a fair shot because that's BS.

Just now, Angelsfan1984 said:

Thinking about it further, i'm more disappointed in Ohtani for not being a switch hitter to avoid these battles with scioscia. How can you be an MVP if you cant pitch and switch hit? What a loser.

Screw that. I want to see him as a switch pitcher. He bats left and throws right - surely he can figure out how to throw left, and do lefty/righty matchups with players throughout the game. Besides, may even keep his arm(s) fresh.

24 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Sounds like it to me:

Jeff FletcherVerified account @JeffFletcherOCR

FollowingFollowing @JeffFletcherOCR
M#Angels lineup: Kinsler, Trout, Upton, Pujols, Cozart, Calhoun, Simmons, Young DH, Maldonado. Kinsler back. Ohtani not starting v a LHP.
4:12 PM - 30 Mar 2018

Yes that sounds like an official statement to me.

21 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Cowart was platooned with Pennington of all people. A player who couldn't even get a major league deal at the end of last season. 

Pennington is light years better than Cowart though right? 

First your wrong on Cowart being platoonef.  He played consistently until he had an injury.  Than Cowart slumped. 

Second, cowart has not shown he can hit right handers with any consistency left alone left consistently. 

2 minutes ago, stormngt said:

First your wrong on Cowart being platoonef.  He played consistently until he had an injury.  Than Cowart slumped. 

Second, cowart has not shown he can hit right handers with any consistency left alone left consistently. 

No that's wrong. He was benched the day after going 4 for 4. I explicitly remember that game and the bs that ensued.

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

No that's wrong. He was benched the day after going 4 for 4. I explicitly remember that game and the bs that ensued.

Cowart had a minor injury.  I remember because I was pissed that Sosh benched it.  It was later reported that he had tightness or something and they rested him the game.

Perez can be a tough lefty, even if his present stats look a bit wobbly.

Ohtani played in 8 of the Angels first 11 games. He also did his bullpens between starts and took full BPs with the position players.  He needs a day off.

He gets a day off today. He was off on Monday and the Angels bashed out 8 runs.

Valbuena is the only lefty in the batting order and the only guy who can play 3rd if the third baseman is playing second and Marte is at first while AP is DH. It all works out.

4 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Cowart had a minor injury.  I remember because I was pissed that Sosh benched it.  It was later reported that he had tightness or something and they rested him the game.

You want to try again?

Kaleb Cowart is not in the Angels' starting lineup on Saturday against the Blue Jays.

A day after the rookie had a three-hit night, he takes a seat in favor of veteran Cliff Pennington. Cowart has an intriguing blend of power and speed, but needs to secure more regular playing time before he becomes an option in most mixed leagues.
Sat, Jul 29, 2017 10:37:00 AM

32 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

A player that is on the big league roster this year....as compared to Cowart.