• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rangers (4/10/18)

Chuck

54 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Are you serious?  Cowart has a broken bone in his foot. He would have been called up otherwise and would have made the roster out of spring if Valubuena wasnt making so much money.

uh, so he would have been called up a) if his foot wasn't broken or 2) if valbuena was making less money? i'm cornfused.

54 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

What's the alternative?

To be honest I would agree with you that platooning Ohtani is stupid and it's even dumber to play Valbueno over Ohtani against a left hander.

That said my contention is that there are other reasons why Ohtani is sitting that isn't necessarily a platoon 

12 minutes ago, krAbs said:

You forgot, iii) If he was talented.

11 minutes ago, red321 said:

you forgot option #3

* kinda sucks

so wait, you guys are telling me that cowart WILL NOT end up on the angels mount rushmore?!?

images.png

Edited by Tank

11 minutes ago, Tank said:

so wait, you guys are telling me that cowart WILL NOT end up on the angels mount rushmore?!?

images.png

He might...who knows what his plans are after his minor league career ends...maybe he's a sculptor in his spare time

Edited by red321

1 minute ago, Tank said:

People talking about Cowart always remind me of Uncle Rico. "If Scioscia had played him every day, we'd have won the world series. No doubt. No doubt in my mind. Better believe things would have been different. He'd have a roster spot, making millions of dollars. No doubt."

Jeff Fletcher to the rescue:
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/04/10/angels-sit-shohei-ohtani-against-another-lefty-set-him-for-sunday-start-on-the-mound/

"Manager Mike Scioscia said “it doesn’t matter” if the Angels are facing a righty or a lefty when it comes to his decisions about Ohtani hitting."
“look for Shohei to DH in this series and probably early in Kansas City.”
"For what it’s worth, Martín Pérez, the Rangers’ starter on Tuesday, was one of the few big league pitchers who actually faced Ohtani in spring training."