• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Major League Baseball Thread

Chuck

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Lou said:

that's not an immigration hearing

Fake news?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/18/us/fernando-rodney-citizenship-trnd/index.html

"No, nothing that dramatic. Rodney, a native of the Dominican Republic, left the game in Minneapolis early to catch a flight to Miami so he could attend an immigration hearing Monday morning and become a US citizen."

3 hours ago, Dick B Back said:

I’m glad baseball is back!

Its only the 5th inning and Matt Carpenter has 4 hits including 2 HRs against the Cubbies. 

3 home runs and 2 doubles in the first six innings, then he left.

Tied the MLB record for extra-base hits in a game.

I would have left him in to try for four home runs and a new record for XBH's. Why not..

19 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

3 home runs and 2 doubles in the first six innings, then he left.

Tied the MLB record for extra-base hits in a game.

I would have left him in to try for four home runs and a new record for XBH's. Why not..

Cubs are coming on now...hope they get some pitching at the deadline (other than our old pal Chavez who they picked up yesterday)

On 7/20/2018 at 9:06 PM, Lou said:

lol they lost 18-5

That day...but.

592 Win % leads NL. 18 games over 500. Leading all of baseball in comeback wins and leading the division by 3.5. 

Chili has the team knocking the cover off the ball now, Lots of days everyone has at least 1 hit ...even Heyward  is having a respectable season hitting .284. The offense has been carrying them so far, so they really need to get some starting pitching.

13 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

That day...but.

592 Win % leads NL. 18 games over 500. Leading all of baseball in comeback wins and leading the division by 3.5. 

Chili has the team knocking the cover off the ball now, Lots of days everyone has at least 1 hit ...even Heyward  is having a respectable season hitting .284. The offense has been carrying them so far, so they really need to get some starting pitching.

Sigh...  Chili's always been my first choice for Hitting coach -- I think he's gonna be a manager some day.

24 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

That day...but.

I love Chili, but he has SEVEN 1st round draft picks to work with.It helps to have guys that can actually hit.

23 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

I love Chili, but he has SEVEN 1st round draft picks to work with.It helps to have guys that can actually hit.

Yeah he has talent to work with but it hasn't been Yankee-like HR hitting. The major improvement over the past month or two has been philosophy and mentality. The situational hitting has vastly improved. Guys are going the other way, doing little things like stringing together singles and taking walks. That has at least something to do with coaching.

26 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Yeah he has talent to work with but it hasn't been Yankee-like HR hitting. The major improvement over the past month or two has been philosophy and mentality. The situational hitting has vastly improved. Guys are going the other way, doing little things like stringing together singles and taking walks. That has at least something to do with coaching.

I agree, I think Chili is a great hitting coach.I would think being a switch-hitter gives him a better perspective on how to approach hitting.That and in the dugout he probably commands a lot respect from the players, I wish he was here.He can also break a bat over his leg rather spectacularly.