• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Major League Baseball Thread

Chuck

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

They dont invest in overpriced, long-term free agents and have a great scouting department.

In other words, they DONT suck dick.

You mean a team that was projected to be last in the AL? With a squad full of unknowns they are simply playing sound fundamental baseball. Crazy concept

When I read people that are fans of how the A’s run their team I wonder how they could ever be a fan of a team that actually spends money to keep their own players.  To me the real sad part is the ownership group of the A’s has much more money than Arte, yet they still don’t spend to keep their own players. 

4 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

When I read people that are fans of how the A’s run their team I wonder how they could ever be a fan of a team that actually spends money to keep their own players.  To me the real sad part is the ownership group of the A’s has much more money than Arte, yet they still don’t spend to keep their own players. 

It is pretty sad. Billy Beane does so much with so little. Just imagine if they even tried spending a little bit of money.

It would be frustrating as hell to be a fan of that team. 

30 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

It is pretty sad. Billy Beane does so much with so little. Just imagine if they even tried spending a little bit of money.

Absolutely. I would be infuriated with how the constantly just sell off to maintain the low payrolls. What amazes me is how the coaching staff does so much with what is perceived as so little. How is it that they compete the way they do with a bunch of apparent turds?

27 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I wish the angels would stop spending money. How many millions flushed down the toilet the last 6 years?

About 650 million for dog shit. And not a single playoff win to show for it.

How about spending money on scouting and player development instead of old high priced, unmotivated, and uninspired free agents?

It's time to go back to the old approach that made the angels successful from 2002-2009.

Bob Melvin has been a solid manager for the A'th since early on this decade.    Does have one season to go on A'th contract in 2019, so it would take a trade to get him here.    He does work well with younger players.   And Arte won't pull the rug out from under him, like Wulff and company have done a lot while they have had to compete in a solid division pretty much the whole time (save for when the Astros were really bad in 2013-2014).

2 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

If Billy Beane does "so much" then I must be misdefining the holy F*ck out of "so much"

Explain. The A's are near the bottom of baseball in payroll nearly every year and still put up some respectable records a lot of the time. That's impressive for a team that isn't supposed to be close to competing.

2 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

I wish the angels would stop spending money. How many millions flushed down the toilet the last 6 years?

About 650 million for dog shit. And not a single playoff win to show for it.

How about spending money on scouting and player development instead of old high priced, unmotivated, and uninspired free agents?

It's time to go back to the old approach that made the angels successful from 2002-2009.

To the best of my knowledge they did go back to spending money on scouting and player development when Eppler came aboard.  And I couldn’t care less if Arte spends a lot of his money on his team.  

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

C.J. Cron .244/.320/.455/.775 -17 HR - 42 RBI

J. Upton .248/.339/.437/.775 -17 HR - 45 RBI
Valbuena .211/.256/.354/.610 - 9 HR - 30 RBI
Jose Marte .253/.301/.425/.726 - 3 HR - 10 RBI
Calhoun    .172/.219/.262/.481 - 5 HR - 20 RBI
Ian Kinsler .215/.277/.377/.654 - 11 - 22 RBI
A. Pujols .243/.281/.393/.675/ - 12 HR- 45 RBI        
Maldonado .242/.304/.364/.668 - 5 HR- 32 RBI
Zack Cozart .219/.296/.362/658 - 5 HR -18 RBI
C. Young .168/.252/.363/.615 - 6 HR - 13 RBI

I'm good with this.    Rengifo may end up being the long awaited true leadoff man that this team has needed since Figgy left.

Plus Cron disappeared in June (.130 BA), and has always had the tendency for longgggg slumps lasting 1-2 months. 

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

Explain.

He's done nothing. The one year when he had a team to compete he ruined it. It's a major league team with expectations to compete occasionally then bail. This season, where they just might finish in third place, is about the peak of their cycle

3 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I figured you were talking about the 3 consecutive 5th place finishes and the .436 wining percent during that time.  

Unfortunately during that time they have as many playoff wins as the Angels. So were arguing about who has the biggest dick in the tiny dick contest.

7 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

He's done nothing. The one year when he had a team to compete he ruined it. It's a major league team with expectations to compete occasionally then bail. This season, where they just might finish in third place, is about the peak of their cycle

I disagree. I think he does a great job considering the resources he's given.

Agree to disagree. Simple as that.