• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Major League Baseball Thread

Chuck

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Lou said:

Ummmm........

Oops, missed the pitchers being named. Snell probably missed out because every team has to have a player so guys less deserving like Happ and Berrios were selected.

I would imagine if a pitcher or two or three is/are unable to play, he would get the call to be a replacement.

16 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

C.J. Cron .244/.320/.455/.775 -17 HR - 42 RBI

J. Upton .248/.339/.437/.775 -17 HR - 45 RBI
Valbuena .211/.256/.354/.610 - 9 HR - 30 RBI
Jose Marte .253/.301/.425/.726 - 3 HR - 10 RBI
Calhoun    .172/.219/.262/.481 - 5 HR - 20 RBI
Ian Kinsler .215/.277/.377/.654 - 11 - 22 RBI
A. Pujols .243/.281/.393/.675/ - 12 HR- 45 RBI        
Maldonado .242/.304/.364/.668 - 5 HR- 32 RBI
Zack Cozart .219/.296/.362/658 - 5 HR -18 RBI
C. Young .168/.252/.363/.615 - 6 HR - 13 RBI

I hated cron but I guess playing in the AL East ballparks more often does help. 

1 hour ago, zenmaster said:

CJ Cron last 28 days

.194 / .282 / .355 / .637 - 2 homers 6 rbi (19 games)

and his numbers are only this high because of his hot start to July. He hit .130 in June in 22 games.

Still better than 70% of what we have now. He will have 30 HR at end of the season and plays better defense than Luis or Marte.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

2 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

There was no place on this roster for a guy who can only play one position.  Hell even Albert has logged games at 3rd base for us.  

How many and how long ago.

Forget Cron, surely we could do better than Luis or Marte. Fortunately they will both be gone next season. Same goes for Young and some others. On defense Luis and Marte are not good and neither is their offense. You seem to care more about versatility than offense, in that case Cowart can play every position on the IF and even some OF. He has the arm to play RF. I'm sure he could match Luis' .211/.256/.354/.610, also.

On 7/7/2018 at 9:50 PM, Dick B Back said:

Mark Reynolds today with 5 hits, 2 HRs, 10 ribbies versus the miserable Jeters.

Oh yeah, Harper 3 for 3 to put him at a whopping .219 AVG.

So, one day after having 10 RBIs, Reynolds pitches a clean third of an inning. Not many players can say they’ve done that.

5 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

How many and how long ago.

Forget Cron, surely we could do better than Luis or Marte. Fortunately they will both be gone next season. Same goes for Young and some others. On defense Luis and Marte are not good and neither is their offense. You seem to care more about versatility than offense, in that case Cowart can play every position on the IF and even some OF. He has the arm to play RF. I'm sure he could match Luis' .211/.256/.354/.610, also.

Hey, I am not sure where my opinion came into play but ok.  The team was not going to have non versatile players on a short bench.  My opinion is different.  I would have had Cowart up instead of Marte.  I would have given Valbuena 2-3 months this year to see if his second half was a fluke or not from last year.  Once I realized it was a fluke I would have brought up someone like Fletcher or Ward (assuming he was ready).  As for the outfield, we started with Young, I would have given both Hermosillo and Blash a chance, then I would probably call up EYjr and released either Blash or Young.  So those are my actual opinions.  My opinion of Cron is simple, he is a one dimensional player that has no place on a team with a short bench.

1 minute ago, Dick B Back said:

Wow, they Royals have 4 starters that have enough innings to qualify that have an ERA above 5.

I guess we shouldn’t bitch.

Oh we can still bitch.  Has Yost ever pulled any of them out of a game "early"?