• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Major League Baseball Thread

Chuck

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Has any manager had less success with more payroll than MS?

I doubt it.

Yes of course.  The Yankees and Dodgers haven’t won a championship in a combined 40 years and in the last decade they have spent Billions on payroll.  I think the Dodgers have spent close to $2.5 billion the last decade.  So yes.  And don’t pretend you would consider Sosh a success if we were losing in the playoffs.  You wouldn’t.  

15 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Yes of course.  The Yankees and Dodgers haven’t won a championship in a combined 40 years and in the last decade they have spent Billions on payroll.  I think the Dodgers have spent close to $2.5 billion the last decade.  So yes.  And don’t pretend you would consider Sosh a success if we were losing in the playoffs.  You wouldn’t.  

And the Yankees and Dodgers have fired a few managers over that time..

And don’t pretend you would consider Sosh a success if we were losing in the playoffs.  You wouldn’t.  

Actually, if you followed me on twitter you would know, that my biggest bitch with Scioscia is his dismal record when he does get, er, ride a team into the playoffs.  

My question still stands...has any single manager has less success with the talent and payroll he has been handed? My guess is he leads baseball all time in that category.

27 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Well, the Dodgers got rid of Don Mattingly after making the playoffs 4 times in a row. Yankees just got rid of Girardi after going to the ALCS. 

I think it's a valid question

36 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Yankees 2009

sincerely , 

brian Fuentes 

18 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

And the Yankees and Dodgers have fired a few managers over that time..

And don’t pretend you would consider Sosh a success if we were losing in the playoffs.  You wouldn’t.  

Actually, if you followed me on twitter you would know, that my biggest bitch with Scioscia is his dismal record when he does get, er, ride a team into the playoffs.  

My question still stands...has any single manager has less success with the talent and payroll he has been handed? My guess is he leads baseball all time in that category.

Yes because my answer still stands.  

20 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Well, the Dodgers got rid of Don Mattingly after making the playoffs 4 times in a row. Yankees just got rid of Girardi after going to the ALCS. 

I think it's a valid question

Girardi lost in 7 games too. 

May be our skip in 2019

1 hour ago, Lou said:

and that didn't help

And the Dodgers have been to the playoffs what 5 or 6 straight years? and after changing managers in 2016 have been to the NLCS in 2016, then to the WS the next year.

Not sure what your point is.

10 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I missed the press conferences where Mattingly and Girardi got their ten year contracts and then later were fired.   

No one in their right mind would give a manager a 10 year deal except for Arte. The best managers get 5 year deals, 10 was completely unprecedented 

Someone's claim that Sosh may be the highest payroll manager with the fewest playoff wins probably does hold true from 2010 on.  That's eight years, which is a long time for a manager, these days. Even managers with more success in the playoffs have been let go by the Dodger, Red Sox, Tigers and Yankees. Some big payrolls in there. 

This is pretty much mirrored by Arte's success in spendy free agents.

I guess billboards are a lot easier to manage than people.