• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question re: cord cutting

13 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Does hulo (psvue or any of those) include tnt/tbs and stuff like that? And i assume it includes regular networks?

Trying to do the math on this. My buddy just got rid of cable, pays 40 a month for hulu but says he cant watch baseball. Does mlb have a streaming app?

I watch all my baseball by MLB stream but since you live in market you’ll have to VPN the Angels games 

32 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Does hulo (psvue or any of those) include tnt/tbs and stuff like that? And i assume it includes regular networks?

Trying to do the math on this. My buddy just got rid of cable, pays 40 a month for hulu but says he cant watch baseball. Does mlb have a streaming app?

I pay $75, but get pretty much all tv channels we’d watch plus HBO and Showtime. For baseball I get all Angels games and MLB Network is included.

44 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

check PM

On 6/12/2018 at 4:29 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

I'm able to watch Angel games through Hulu TV, because it gets FSW and the other channel the Angels are on (I forget if it's KCAL or channel 13). 

I've had the PS Vue for about a year now and have been extremely happy. Very little buffering/down time and great picture. I have MLBTV and Fox Sports for my baseball fix. Also have all the local channels. The DVR is also solid. They are the best bang for the buck. SlingTV is the most popular, but don't have all the local stations and have to pay for DVR. DirectNow is making a huge push in the market. They just rolled out DirectNow2.0 with DVR, but are having issues with buffering and downtime. When they get it worked out, it will be a solid option. If PSVue were to fold, I would move to Direct. One perk that PSVue allows is that it loads the TV menu based on your IP address. So if I change my VPN to NY, I get the NY stations. It's a way to get around black outs or if I want to watch TV shows on EST. 

Regardless with which TV service you go with, it's important to have the correct hardware set up. The Firesticks/Roku sticks are super cheap but have inadequate processors for streaming HD. The FireTV is very good and easy to install Kodi and Terrarium TV. In a week Amazon is releasing the FireTV Cube which will make navigating much easier. It's the FireTV, Alexa and universal remote all in one. When I get it next week, I'll give my review.

The biggest cost will be your ISP. I only have one option, Spectrum, so I have no choice but take whatever rate they give me. Oh, and those fuckers throttle my speed (when I'm not on my VPN). The good news is that 5G service is about a year away. It's basically wireless internet. So companies will be able to offer services without needing to send a tech to wire your house. It will be a game changer for ISP and monthly rates will be competitive. So DO NOT sign any contracts!

I have the $25 a month sling option which gets me Angel and Ducks games on FSW.  Not sure about the Lakers because it's off season and as mentioned I think spectrum now has the rights.  There's a couple of FSW channels that came with that sling option but I think someone living out of the area would likely get the local FS.  The $25 option of sling includes TNT, TBS, FOX and various other channels: 

https://www.sling.com/#dyn-grid-package-tab-2-30m

I've got Hulu no commercials, sling, netflix and amazon prime so still plenty of options and I'm saving about $500 a year compared to when I had cable which include equipment fees and taxes.  I thought I'd miss some shows on CBS and other channels but since I don't see commercials for them it's out of sight out of mind.  I could pay the $9.99 or whatever it is for CBS all access if I really wanted to watch those shows but I've realized no matter how many cable channels or options I've had over the years sooner or later I flip through it all and don't see anything I feel like watching.      

36 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

I've been looking at Hulu live, has all the channels I need. However, base price allows 2 screens at a time, and costs and extra $15/mo to upgrade to unlimited, which seems expensive. Anyone know a way around that?

I believe Psvue allows 5 streams. Big issue with Hulu is they aggressively block VPNs . So if your internet provider throttles your speed, you are stuck.

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Question for anyone: how much live tv do you actually watch? 

I'm on the laptop more with podcasts, but I still like to have sports on in the background like some kind of sports bar that I can look up and see scores or news. I either watch or dvr shows like Billions or Animal Kingdom that I can watch if I was out when it was aired.

23 hours ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

I've been looking at Hulu live, has all the channels I need. However, base price allows 2 screens at a time, and costs and extra $15/mo to upgrade to unlimited, which seems expensive. Anyone know a way around that?

We live in a one-bedroom apartment, and it's just my wife and me, so the 2 screens isn't an issue. Not sure if there's a way around it.

i'm just finishing up my free trial with directv now

it's not a good service. my regional sports network isn't available on anything except cable/satellite packages, so that's not what i'm basing it on.  

I didn’t like DirecTV Now when I had it.

For the multiple device issue, try different devices. Vue allows up to five, but they need to be different. I have one room off a PS4 and another of a Roku premium. That also frees up iPad and mobile devices.

Psvue has a special today on the core package at $34.99 for next 2 months. That package includes the sports channels. Supposedly if you already have the core package, you just need to manage your subscriptions, deactivate it then reactivate it. Can't confirm that it worked, but did it anyways. 

13 minutes ago, Tank said:

okay, dumb question . . . but do you have to have a PS3 or PS4 to be able to get PSVue?

go gently on me, boys.

No, it's compatible with the Roku's, etc.

Some even like the picture/guide format better on the non-PS devices.

Edited by Brandon