• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question re: cord cutting

On 6/15/2018 at 12:04 PM, Brandon said:

I didn’t like DirecTV Now when I had it.

For the multiple device issue, try different devices. Vue allows up to five, but they need to be different. I have one room off a PS4 and another of a Roku premium. That also frees up iPad and mobile devices.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:50 PM, calscuf said:

PS Vue requires each device to be different?  That’s odd.

Negative. I have 3 Apple TV’s hooked up to my PS Vue account.

4 minutes ago, LHalo said:

Negative. I have 3 Apple TV’s hooked up to my PS Vue account.

Did they change it? (Obviously)

When I first bought it they made distinct reference to the amount of in-home devices and how to setup 5 tv's. Looks like they did change it, but I still don't get it because of the other devices that can be used. But it doesn't say one of each device like it used to:

HOW MANY DEVICES CAN I STREAM PLAYSTATION™VUE ON AT ONCE?

A single PlayStation™Vue account can simultaneously stream PlayStation™Vue on up to five devices at a given time. The number of streams supported on specific devices will vary based on the following rules:

When you first subscribe, you’ll have access to three simultaneous streams, both in-home and out-of-home. After you set your home device, you’ll receive two additional streams to use in-home, for a total of up to five simultaneous streams in-home, within the guidelines below. Note:  you can only have one home device set at a time. You can set or change your home device up to three times.

Whether or not you set your home device, you can stream on three devices out-of-home.

Only one PS4™ console and two PS3™ consoles can be used at a given time (i.e. you cannot stream PS Vue on two PS4™ consoles at any given time, but one PS4™ system and one PS3™ console can be used at the same time).

Mobile devices, like supported iOS, Android, and web browser on a computer, can be used for up to three simultaneous mobile streams. Note: 

NFL games airing on channels other than ABC or ESPN are not available live on mobile phones but can be viewed on a tablet and can be cast to Chromecast from a mobile phone. NFL games may not be available for out-of-home streaming. NFL Network, however, is available on a mobile phone.

Some mobile content availability restrictions apply when you are outside your home.

The same blackout rules apply on a supported mobile phone, tablet, and computer browser as they do on PlayStation™Vue on a TV-connected device.

Other supported devices like Amazon Fire TV, Roku® players, Apple TV®, and Android TV can also be used for simultaneous streams within the limit of five streams total.

If you reach a streaming limit, sign out of PlayStation™Vue on one of your devices, wait five minutes, and then sign in on the new device.

Need help setting up your device on PlayStation™Vue? Visit device activation.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the FireTV Cube for just over a week to get an accurate review. 

The Good:

-Set up if quick and easy. It just asked for the make of my TV and quickly found the IR settings.

-IR receiver is legit. All I have to say it "Alex, turn on TV" and the TV, Soundbar and FireTV all turn on. Even with the TV off I can say "Alexa, turn on Playstation Vue". TV turns on with PSVue loading. 

- Volume Control, Mute, Play, Pause all are voice activated. I find myself using the Volume voice commands often.

- When I ask it to play songs, it automatically plays through theTV speakers. 

The Bad:
- Processor is freaking SLOW. Getting to the guide and loading up apps lags. My PSVue has a slight glitch on playback. There is no Ethernet port, but that's not the issue.

Final Review:
I have a FireTV2 and now find myself going back to that for live streaming. The processor is better and much quicker. I use the cube for music, Netflix and TV voice recognition. Amazon not using the FireTV2 processor and Ethernet is a huge mistake. If you already have the FireTV2, you will not be happy with the cube.

If you are using a RokuStick, FireStick or FireTV3 (same processor as the cube), then this will be an upgrade. Because of the sluggish performace, I give the Cube a 6/10. Although Amazon only sells the FireTV2 as refurbished, that is still the best FireTV product.

28 minutes ago, mancini79 said:

I've had the FireTV Cube for just over a week to get an accurate review. 

The Good:

-Set up if quick and easy. It just asked for the make of my TV and quickly found the IR settings.

-IR receiver is legit. All I have to say it "Alex, turn on TV" and the TV, Soundbar and FireTV all turn on. Even with the TV off I can say "Alexa, turn on Playstation Vue". TV turns on with PSVue loading. 

- Volume Control, Mute, Play, Pause all are voice activated. I find myself using the Volume voice commands often.

- When I ask it to play songs, it automatically plays through theTV speakers. 

The Bad:
- Processor is freaking SLOW. Getting to the guide and loading up apps lags. My PSVue has a slight glitch on playback. There is no Ethernet port, but that's not the issue.

Final Review:
I have a FireTV2 and now find myself going back to that for live streaming. The processor is better and much quicker. I use the cube for music, Netflix and TV voice recognition. Amazon not using the FireTV2 processor and Ethernet is a huge mistake. If you already have the FireTV2, you will not be happy with the cube.

If you are using a RokuStick, FireStick or FireTV3 (same processor as the cube), then this will be an upgrade. Because of the sluggish performace, I give the Cube a 6/10. Although Amazon only sells the FireTV2 as refurbished, that is still the best FireTV product.

Good to know. Thanks for the review.

• 2 weeks later...

Got FireTV a few weeks ago, and installed Terrarium. Thanks @Lou for the recommendation. Holy smokes, awesome app! Started Game of Thrones a few days ago (hello 2011!) After GoT, Billions is on the list, and then I will catch up on all the good movies I've missed the last few years. 

Terrarium seems to play fine, although there's some buffering issues. Not terrible, but it buffers for a second or less every 5 minutes or so. A little annoying, but I can't complain because I get to watch new movie releases. Anyone else have problems? 

I use Terrarium TV just about everyday. Here is my advice to prevent buffering. You should get through a movie/episode with minimal to zero buffering.

1. When searching, it will sort the highest def on top. So selecting the first option always isn't best. I typically select the 720p or HD. Rarely do I select the top feed.

2. After selecting the feed, it should take seconds to start playing. If the initial buffer takes longer than 5 seconds, go back and try a different feed.

3. Your ISP could be throttling your speed. If I forget to turn on my VPN, I notice more frequent buffering. The moment I turn it on, problem solved. Just go to fast.com to check your speed. Check your speed while running Terrarium or any streaming service.

4. If possible, hardwire your streaming device with ethernet. If not, make sure to run off a 5G wifi network. 

Hope some of this helps!

15 minutes ago, mancini79 said:

I use Terrarium TV just about everyday. Here is my advice to prevent buffering. You should get through a movie/episode with minimal to zero buffering.

1. When searching, it will sort the highest def on top. So selecting the first option always isn't best. I typically select the 720p or HD. Rarely do I select the top feed.

2. After selecting the feed, it should take seconds to start playing. If the initial buffer takes longer than 5 seconds, go back and try a different feed.

3. Your ISP could be throttling your speed. If I forget to turn on my VPN, I notice more frequent buffering. The moment I turn it on, problem solved. Just go to fast.com to check your speed. Check your speed while running Terrarium or any streaming service.

4. If possible, hardwire your streaming device with ethernet. If not, make sure to run off a 5G wifi network. 

Hope some of this helps!

How do you setup the VPN with this?

I installed and setup everything last weekend. I bought a VPN, but don't know if it is working properly with the FS.

Also, how often do you wait with new movies? I was looking to watch the new Sicario and Mission Impossible, but they don't have good feeds.

You need to install the app for the VPN. Since the FS uses Android software, most major VPN companies have an app. Search for the VPN app. When installed, you should be able to turn the VPN on/off. You should also download the VPN on your phone/computer. It also works on your phone if your phone provider is throttling you or being throttled on your home wifi.

For movies, I don't watch any if they are still in theatres. It's always horrible. But the moment the DVD is officially released, a solid feed is up in about a day. Big movies you can almost instantly find them. If Terrarium doesn't have it, then Kodi usually does. I just prefer the user interface of Terrarium.

I have a firestick already.  How much of a difference is there between the Firestick and Fire TV when it comes to processing speed/hardware?  I find that my firestick buffers quite a bit when I'm on Terrarium.  I pay for pretty decent speed...Comcast 150 mbps.  Is buffering just part of the deal and I won't get rid of it, or should I upgrade to the FireTV and that will minimize the buffering further?  Anyone have thoughts?

I'd also love to get Youtube TV but that app isn't offered on Amazon devices.  Anyone know if that will ever (read Soon?) be available on Fire products or if I'll just have to get a chrome device if I want to go that direction?

The firetv is $35 and much better than the stick. If you stream a lot, it's a must upgrade over the stick.

As for YouTube TV and Amazon, I wouldn't expect their stupid war to end anytime soon. The current Firetv line is fully capable when it gets resolved.

Regarding the terrarium buffering, read my post above.

I don't have a problem with the stick that you seem to have, but was just posting the special for those interested - there may be people interested in buying something that is mobile, for example.

Also, the Fire TV that is on special is the 4K, which has received negative reviews and requires you to purchase a $15 Ethernet adapter if you youre looking to get away from utilizing it via wifi connection. It also lacks the sd port that was available in the Fire TV2, which gets better user reviews. 

7 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

I have a firestick already.  How much of a difference is there between the Firestick and Fire TV when it comes to processing speed/hardware?  I find that my firestick buffers quite a bit when I'm on Terrarium.  I pay for pretty decent speed...Comcast 150 mbps.  Is buffering just part of the deal and I won't get rid of it, or should I upgrade to the FireTV and that will minimize the buffering further?  Anyone have thoughts?

I'd also love to get Youtube TV but that app isn't offered on Amazon devices.  Anyone know if that will ever (read Soon?) be available on Fire products or if I'll just have to get a chrome device if I want to go that direction?

Terrarium Tips:

Re: Buffering

• clear cache via Settings (I do this often)
  • download CLEAN MASTER app (ditto)
  • download BACKGROUND APPS & PROCESS LIST app. This allows you to see all apps that are running while trying to use Terrarium. Close all other apps (except media players) and Clear Cache. DO NOT CLEAR DATA or you will lose  Favorites, etc. ( I do this before I use Terrarium - every time)

i would also recommend backing up your setup, favorites and watched episodes via SETTINGS. This will help in case you delete the app for some reason. If this happens, all you need to do is reinstall Terrarium and restore your data. 

Firetv 2 is the ultimate fire device. But it's $100 and rarely available on Amazon. I have a Firetv3 (4k) on a Tv that doesn't have the Ethernet adapter. It streams fine. The negative revie2ws are from people comparing the firetv2 to the firetv3. The firetv3 at $35 is better than the stick at $20.

if you can stream on the FT3 you can stream on the FS. the only difference is a 1.5Ghz processor vs a 1.3  

if someone is having a problem streaming, the adaptor is a must.

also, unplugging the connection on the back of the tv for about  10 seconds and/or restarting the device helps.