• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question re: cord cutting

I know this has been discussed at length here so if mods want to close this, I understand...my thing with cord cutting is I want to be able to watch Lakers, Ducks, and Angels games...I know I can watch the Ducks and Angels...anyone know how I can watch Lakers' games if I cut the cord? I'm thinking about signing up for either youtube tv or direct now (any recommendations?), and hulu..I already have netflix. Also, any internet provider recommendations? Right now I'm paying $140 a month for cable + internet and I'm looking to cut that in half. 

I think the quick answer is no. I did the same thing, but lakers games for the most part are on spectrum which most don't have but one carrier...either Verizon or cox, I can't remember. 

so in that regard, it may not matter anyway unless you get them with that carrier. I think if it's ESPN it's a blackout and they show another game, if it's tnt or abc on the weekend they show the games.

I don't even know if this is possible still.  But in the past how people got around it was get a good fast vpn.  Then get the NBA year thing.  Then spoof you are out of market.  

Personally, if you are just looking for the Lakers.  I'd find a friend that gets it and steal his username and password.

9 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I'm gonna compare PS Vue / youtube tv / directv now / hulu live tv 

Anybody got personal experience with each? If so, pros / cons? I can't wait to get this bill down...$140/month is friggin absurd. 

i had directv now for a bit....att gave it to me when i upgraded my phone last summer. it wasn't bad, but the channels then kind of sucked compared to the others and their customer service is the worst. you literally have to chat in an instant messenger like function and it's ridiculously slow and the amount of back and forth is absurd. i think the intro price they have isn't bad, but then they bump it up to a price that you're better off going with someone else. i think all the others end up cheaper and you get more or better channels.

i'd be interested to check out youtube. they are $35, but i feel like once you customize it the way you want and with the channels it probably ends up being the same as i have now.

psvue has been great. nothing blacked out but the ducks games that are shown on that oc public channel (52 on regular cable?)

Off topic but my wife bought me for my birthday a Sony Oled 4k that on the remote was Netflix. I went through the basic setup for the TV and when I got to Netflix it was magically logged on, no user name or password needed. A little too creepy that it was able to do that through my PSN account on my PS4 without me changing anything. 

Edited by Blarg

12 hours ago, Taylor said:

Angel games aren't blacked out on streaming services like Hulu Live TV and Sling, right? Just MLB.tv?

As far as I know, you get all local sports channels with them. I am able to watch the Ducks games on FSW through youtube tv. I honestly suggest you check out youtube tv over hulu tv. I did free trials of both before making final decision...I couldn't stand the user interface for hulu..just seemed clunky and slow. But thats a minor flaw to some. 

• 3 months later...

Bumping this thread.

Out of all the streaming providers (hulu, sling, etc), whats everyones take on the best one?

Getting ready to dump directv. I finally (guess im old) downloaded the directv app to my phone and set up an account with all my movie channel apps....mind blown on all the movies you can stream. So now i just need to pick a service for livetv.

Been using PlayStation Vue for about a year. I dig it. The only negatives I see is there is a 30 second lag and I’m pretty pissed about the hoops I had to jump through just to not be able to purchase the UFC fight last night in my iPad here in Kansas City like I can back home....on the home device it’s cake.

We've been using Hulu Live for a few months. $40 a month, and that includes your regular Hulu subscription. It works well. The only glaring issue is that the web browser version sucks balls. Super laggy and glitchy. So if you're planning to watch predominantly on your web browser, I'd go a different direction.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

We've been using Hulu Live for a few months. $40 a month, and that includes your regular Hulu subscription. It works well. The only glaring issue is that the web browser version sucks balls. Super laggy and glitchy. So if you're planning to watch predominantly on your web browser, I'd go a different direction.

this'll probably be a stupid question, but here goes . . . do you watch it on your television by connecting to Hulu Live through your Apple TV? hope i'm asking that correctly.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

this'll probably be a stupid question, but here goes . . . do you watch it on your television by connecting to Hulu Live through your Apple TV? hope i'm asking that correctly.

Do you mean using the Hulu app on Apple TV? If so, yes and no. You have to have a 4th generation Apple TV or newer for Hulu Live. Our Apple TV is 3rd generation, so the Hulu app doesn't have Hulu Live. But our other TV is a Roku Smart TV, so we're able to access Hulu Live on that.

If you mean connecting your Mac via AirPlay to Apple TV, you can do that, but you're just mirroring the web browser version of Hulu Live that is super glitchy.

36 minutes ago, Tank said:

If you are an Amazon Prime member, just get a fire stick, which is on sale right now.  Connect Hulu through that.  

Honestly, i could easily get by without a hulu type service.i never watch anything but movies and angel games. And even then, i dont even really watch, except when going to sleep. Otherwise its just movies ive seen a million times that i look up at the parts i like, then go back to my phone. Doing laundry, etc.

I just have to update my internet. I figure good internet, then subscribe to the movie channel apps i like (hbo, starz, etc) will save me big time. Amazon prime and my vudu library are more than enough. Even netflix im wasting money on. Cant even remember last time i opened it (because i cant stream to my tv anyway due to crap internet).