• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question re: cord cutting

I do what Mancini does. PSVue but the higher package that includes HBO and SHO. I think it's $80 and includes everything.

Side things we have in the house:

We have Netflix. I have an Amazon account that comes with Prime for free (this is a game changer). I just signed up for the ESPN+ just for the UFC fights which is something like $50 for the year if you buy the year package.

On 2/11/2019 at 3:39 PM, Brandon said:

Yeah, Netflix is dope on the standup comedy tip and a few of their own shows, but I never use it. I think I just peruse the list once every few months and it seems like it's the same movies.

I don't pay for it or I would drop it.

Netflix has a ton of good movies...but I already own most of the ones i like. The only things id miss are a few of the documentaries, but even then, it makes more sense just to buy those outright and cancel netflix.

I figure i paid 200 bucks are so last year for netflix, and used it maybe 3 times.

Im leaning towards either psvue of hulu. Gonna try the free trial next weekend to see if i like them, then call directv and tell them to get their stupid equipment out of my house.

26 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im leaning towards either psvue of hulu. Gonna try the free trial next weekend to see if i like them, then call directv and tell them to get their stupid equipment out of my house.

when they come over to get their equipment, do it at gunpoint. 

(and please get it on video)

My download/upload is crap compared to Brandon's but there's only two of us and we've never had issues with streaming multiple devices.  We've got one of the "cheaper" spectrum options but I've looked into google fiber and at&t fiber and neither are available in my area.  Signed up to get notified when google fiber is available but no idea how long that will be. 

Has anybody here used DirecTV Now? I’ve looked at several different services, and their $55/month plan seems to be the best for me in terms of the channel lineup. Plus, the premium add ons are only $5/month as opposed to $10/15 on most other services.

• 1 month later...

Anyone using YouTubeTV? I've had it for a couple weeks and while the content and UI is good, the quality of the streams is just so-so. The stream constantly changes from good to fuzzy and back again. This happens at my house (~30 mbps) and at my work (~60 mbps). My issue at home could be my outdated Roku device, so I may upgrade that to see if that helps.

For those using YouTube.TV, what's your experience with the stream quality? Good, like HD good?

Oh, and while I liked the $40/month price, I just found out yesterday they are increasing the price to $50/mo. Thanks HGTV. 

On 2/14/2019 at 7:19 PM, Don said:

Has anybody here used DirecTV Now? I’ve looked at several different services, and their $55/month plan seems to be the best for me in terms of the channel lineup. Plus, the premium add ons are only $5/month as opposed to $10/15 on most other services.

i did a free trial for it a few months back

terrible interface, and lots of connectivity/latency problems. my internet is excellent, so that wasn't the problem. 

maybe they've fixed it since then, though