• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Giancarlo Stanton to the Yankees

southpaw

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Dude had a no trade clause stop with collusion he basically got to pick where he wanted to go. Oh also don’t give someone a no trade clause if u don’t expect him to use it. He owes the Marlins absolutely nothing. He wanted to go to Yankees and three other teams. Yankees stepped up. That was all. 

Stanton is a fucken asshole who thinks he is great and yet has to pick 4 teams that were in the playoffs/world series. If your that great why not go to a team that really wanted you and help them become a great team, the answer because your a loser and want a short cut, just like A FUCKEN Rod who cried with Seattle and went to Texas,then cried again and only wanted to go to New York or Boston, 2 player's and 2 loser's. I hope New York falls apart and we can see him cry that he want to be traded. 

Just now, rottiesworld said:

Stanton is a fucken asshole who thinks he is great and yet has to pick 4 teams that were in the playoffs/world series. If your that great why not go to a team that really wanted you and help them become a great team, the answer because your a loser and want a short cut, just like A FUCKEN Rod who cried with Seattle and went to Texas,then cried again and only wanted to go to New York or Boston, 2 player's and 2 loser's. I hope New York falls apart and we can see him cry that he want to be traded. 

And you're an idiot.  Who's crying now

6 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

That has nothing to do with getting arguably the best power bat in the game. 

Lol if Stanton rejects the Yankees 

No, it was simply commenting on Blarg’s comment about their pitching.   I was agreeing with him that while it was fine in 2017, there are definite caveats.

Mixed reaction if he turns down the Skanks, because that may well mean his going to the Dogs, which I would prefer not to see.

15 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

Why are you so angry. Who cares it’s just baseball. He wanted to go to a team he wanted to. Not a team that wanted him. He got a no trade clause I would have used it too. The player has all the power. Why would u go to a horrible team in the Giants when you could go to a playoff team in the Yankees or Dodgers. I think this makes him smart not dumb for going to a bad team. 

What I would like to know is how the Yankees can take the payment from the Marlins (30 million) off their luxury tax number if it’s conditional on him not opting out? What if he does opt out... when does the lack of payment figure into their salary numbers?

Basically what I’m asking is how can the Yankees get a credit towards their luxury tax number contingent on something that hasn’t happened yet?

If Stanton was a FA the Yankees would have signed him to a similar amount, with the trade they get the Marlins to pay 30 million of it & take Castro off their payroll too.

Castro is a lock for about a 1.5 to 2 WAR season but his salary for next season is 10 million & will continue to go up.

Yankees can afford to go way over the luxory salary tax threshold if they want to.

5 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Why are you so angry. Who cares it’s just baseball. He wanted to go to a team he wanted to. Not a team that wanted him. He got a no trade clause I would have used it too. The player has all the power. Why would u go to a horrible team in the Giants when you could go to a playoff team in the Yankees or Dodgers. I think this makes him smart not dumb for going to a bad team. 

I’m just tired of the no trade contract and every year it’s the same thing where it’s always the Yankees or Red Sox. I wish they would fix it where smaller teams had a chance to get some good players and let them have a chance for the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

I’m just tired of the no trade contract and every year it’s the same thing where it’s always the Yankees or Red Sox. I wish they would fix it where smaller teams had a chance to get some good players and let them have a chance for the playoffs.

You mean like Houston, Cleveland and Kansas City? 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

What happened to the Dodgers on this one?  they seem to have dropped the ball hard.  

They probably didn't want another massive contract.  It's not like Stanton is a 150 game a year player with stellar defense and speed to go along with his home run power.  He also has that opt out which can either be a good or a bad thing for the team getting him.  My Dodger friends aren't too bummed that they didn't get him.

10 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

'Twas wondering the same thing. 

And still no word of Stanton accepting? I did see people speculate that we're probably just waiting for the physicals, but still seems weird.

He’s on his way to NY to take his physical so the no-trade certainly doesn’t seem to be an issue.