• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners acquire 2B Dee Gordon

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am not 100% convinced Gordon stays with the Mariners.  He may get flipped.  I think it makes SOME sense that starting Gordon in CF is the backup plan to a plan we don't know about, and may never know about.

It's just too weird to be a primary plan you commit to before the Winter Meetings even start.

I understand getting the additional money for Ohtani but I think he could have achieved that other ways.

So I am still watching. . .

I wonder if jerry would do gordon for baldoquin?

i think if it "sealed the deal" for seattle, then ohtani would be a mariner, which he isn't. 

this just reeks of a classic dipoto deal, and while i have no hate for the man, he does seem to have two distinct flaws in his trading style.

20 hours ago, mulwin444 said:

Really want Dipoto to fail in acquiring Ohtani just so he has to see Gordon lob throws in from CF for the next few seasons and pay a premium price to do it.

So much fucking THIS!  

Have fun, Jerry, watching Gordon chase down Ohtani's gappers while K-ing him later that same series!

20 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Appreciate Eppler trying but Dipoto will sacrifice anything possible to get Ohtani without worrying about the consequences if they  miss out. Eppler can't fall into that trap over an uncertainty

Congrats to the Mariners on getting Ohtani

Awww man I really thought the Mariners had him. Oh well!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2017 at 9:30 AM, Tank said:

let's not forget he also got some international money in this deal. that might have more of an impact in his thinking than merely acquiring gordon and playing him out of position.

it might also be a sign to ohtani that they're serious about getting him and not just going through the motions.

i agree.

and so does @Lou.