• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Hot Stove Thread

greginpsca

As much as I have been wanting and clamoring for years to take advantage of having Trout on the team and going all in, The Angels aren't going to and don't want to do that.  It sucks but that's just the way things are.  Holland alone won't push this team over the edge.  A lot of things need to go perfectly for the Angels to get to the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

As much as I have been wanting and clamoring for years to take advantage of having Trout on the team and going all in, The Angels aren't going to and don't want to do that.  It sucks but that's just the way things are.  Holland alone won't push this team over the edge.  A lot of things need to go perfectly for the Angels to get to the playoffs.

I don’t think things have to go perfectly to make it to the playoffs.  I think they need health and players playing up to their potential.

44 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I would think Eppler wants to save some money, below the luxury tax, for June/July and the trading deadline....this team is a playoff contender and you'd like to think you could add a piece down the stretch...

Yep..  Last year nobody saw us going after Upton -- Id be willing to bet that Eppler has a long term plan in place that might involve adding when the team needs it most.   If he can add to his player pool in the draft and internationally, it means he can afford to trade at the deadline.   

If we consider that the Angels were in the WC hunt into the last week or so of the season last year with Nolasco and Bridwell as the lead dogs, and no offense at 3B, 2B, and LF (for most of the season), this current roster is a huge step forward.  I think the Angels can very well make it to a WC spot. 

Do things have to go perfect, not not really at all.  Its very realistic if everyone just plays go what they are capable of. 

If everything goes as most expect it seems clear that the last playoff spot this year will probably come down to us, the Twins, or the Blue Jays. 

How the Jays are supposed to win near 90 in that division while NY/Bos win 90 plus is a bit perplexing but thats what fangraphs suggests they may do though i personally dont get the love there.  

The Twins will be dangerous for us as their division is dogmeat aside from Cle. which is what gives them a leg up, not the fact that they are "better" than us, they play more games against weaker teams.  

I dont think anyone here realistically thinks were beating Hou this year.  Its possible sure, but i wouldnt put money on it.  So were realistically playing for a WC berth, and that should be an attainable goal

26 minutes ago, floplag said:

Do things have to go perfect, not not really at all.  Its very realistic if everyone just plays go what they are capable of. 

If everything goes as most expect it seems clear that the last playoff spot this year will probably come down to us, the Twins, or the Blue Jays. 

How the Jays are supposed to win near 90 in that division while NY/Bos win 90 plus is a bit perplexing but thats what fangraphs suggests they may do though i personally dont get the love there.  

The Twins will be dangerous for us as their division is dogmeat aside from Cle. which is what gives them a leg up, not the fact that they are "better" than us, they play more games against weaker teams.  

I dont think anyone here realistically thinks were beating Hou this year.  Its possible sure, but i wouldnt put money on it.  So were realistically playing for a WC berth, and that should be an attainable goal

Seattle, Oakland, and Tejas aren't exactly the 1927 Yankees either.    Granted none of them is as bad as a woeful Detroit will be in 2018.  

31 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Seattle, Oakland, and Tejas aren't exactly the 1927 Yankees either.    Granted none of them is as bad as a woeful Detroit will be in 2018.  

Granted, but im betting Sea, Oak, Tex put up more wins than KC. CHW, and Det.  

41 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Nolasco was fine the 2nd half of 2016. 

Fooled me....I thought he'd be ok in 2017, maybe not as good as he was in those 11 Angel 2016 starts but pretty good, maybe upper 3 ERA....Geez, there is a reason I'm not a scout...

25 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Trayce Thompson was designated for assignment. 

Would you rather have him as our 4th OF or Chris Young?

I would rather have Chris Young, EY Jr., and others we have in the system.  Hopefully the reserve outfielder won't be playing much behind Upton, Trout, and Calhoun.

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yep..  Last year nobody saw us going after Upton -- Id be willing to bet that Eppler has a long term plan in place that might involve adding when the team needs it most.   If he can add to his player pool in the draft and internationally, it means he can afford to trade at the deadline.   

Madison Bumgarner.  

On 3/27/2018 at 12:59 PM, Inside Pitch said:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22933609/jayson-werth-seattle-mariners-agree-minor-league-deal    Would be amazing to see a game where Ichiro, Cruz and Werth are in the OF ....

Would be even more amazing if Dipoto traded Heredia and made it a regular occurrence.

Don't forget about the Mariner's new center fielder that will anchor the outfield.