• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

FMJ (full metal jacket) rounds are technically armor piercing I think, and those are widely available. @Jason can correct me if i'm wrong but I think they're mostly used as training rounds since they're cheaper. They're discouraged as home defense rounds since they'll go through many different things before stopping. Hollow points are what should be used in that case as they stop much sooner, but they're a little bit pricier.

2 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

FMJ (full metal jacket) rounds are technically armor piercing I think, and those are widely available. @Jason can correct me if i'm wrong but I think they're mostly used as training rounds since they're cheaper. They're discouraged as home defense rounds since they'll go through many different things before stopping. Hollow points are what should be used in that case as they stop much sooner, but they're a little bit pricier.

They are not armor piercing but everything else is accurate. Terrible choice as a defensive round. 

5 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Does anyone know if there was anything remarkable about the ammunition the guy was manufacturing?  I understand that it was some sort of armor piercing round.  Is that sort of thing readily available otherwise from other sources who are “licensed” ?

It is illegal to sell or make armor piercing rounds. They are considered incendiary. You can have them with a special license issued by the ATF. Kind of like possessing military weapons and machine guns.   

8 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Sounds like something that should be legal to own. 

10 hours ago, Jason said:

It is illegal to sell or make armor piercing rounds.

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

Shall. Not. Be. Infringed.

show me where it says in the constitution that there shouldn't be any limitations to ammunition.

and then show me why we can't own things like bazookas and tanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much all the Saudi aircrew that train in Pensacola or other American facilities end up in my simulator. They’re among the best they have. Generally smart and well educated, able to engage in thoughtful conversation and eager to tell tales about their love of fast food and how they were introduced to actual enforcement of traffic laws.  Even then, going to the US can be a big culture shock to them and the biggest difference is in the expectation that they work hard and make no excuses. There’s a ton of pressure on these kids to succeed and excel. It doesn’t surprise me that one would eventually snap. I’ll see what the rumor mill puts out this week 

Edited by arch stanton