• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

There is an ever increasing amount of violence targeted at places of worship. People in those places need to be prepared to defend them. 

I understand how people feel this way. my trouble is in all of it is believing that this approach is spiritually/biblically okay.  

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

There is an ever increasing amount of violence targeted at places of worship. People in those places need to be prepared to defend them. 

Maybe if they pray harder, right wing assholes will stop shooting up their places of worship. 

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

I understand how people feel this way. my trouble is in all of it is believing that this approach is spiritually/biblically okay.  

I'm confident that God does not have an issue with defending the congregation from people that wish to kill members of it. 

Edited by Jason

8 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

So concealed carry permit holders mowed him down. My point exactly. 

I'm happy that in this case, a good guy with a gun prevented a bad guy with a gun from taking more lives.

That doesn't mean this is the solution to the problem of gun violence. It's a band-aid for a gaping, infected wound.

15 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm happy that in this case, a good guy with a gun prevented a bad guy with a gun from taking more lives.

That doesn't mean this is the solution to the problem of gun violence. It's a band-aid for a gaping, infected wound.

What’s the solution?

27 minutes ago, Spirit said:

So the same thing we're doing for auto deaths ... awesome.

Numerous measures have been taken to help prevent deaths from auto accidents. Not sure what this has to do with mass murder by gun fire, but I know this has been pointed out to numerous times throughout the years. You'll still continue to get your rocks off from googling car crashes, and avoiding the fact that we are the only first world country that this continues to happen in. 

15 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Numerous measures have been taken to help prevent deaths from auto accidents. Not sure what this has to do with mass murder by gun fire, but I know this has been pointed out to numerous times throughout the years. You'll still continue to get your rocks off from googling car crashes, and avoiding the fact that we are the only first world country that this continues to happen in. 

I'm not avoiding anything.  I'm one of the few on this board who says we should ban all guns.  There's been "numerous measures" to prevent gun deaths too, but they don't work.  The only way you'll stop them is by getting guns out of the population.

But, you keep getting your rocks off with the whole thoughts & prayers chant.