• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

yeah...yeah...too soon for a gun thread...unfortunately it's always too soon for a gun thread. There is a thread to discuss Las Vegas, this thread is more around the topic of gunnnnnnnnnnz

Poor timing award...you have to wonder if the horror that was Sunday night in Vegas will give lawmakers pause

http://www.sfchronicle.com/nation/article/Pair-of-pro-gun-bills-on-move-in-House-12243745.php

The House could pass legislation as early as this week that would roll back decades-old restrictions on gun silencers, opening up the market for a device that critics say would make it difficult in a mass shooting to detect where gunfire is coming from.

The House is also expected to move this fall on separate legislation that would allow people to carry their legally concealed weapons across state lines into jurisdictions, such as California, that tightly restrict weapons concealment.

Edited by red321

17 minutes ago, red321 said:

yeah...yeah...too soon for a gun thread...unfortunately it's always too soon for a gun thread. There is a thread to discuss Las Vegas, this thread is more around the topic of gunnnnnnnnnnz

Poor timing award...you have to wonder if the horror that was Sunday night in Vegas will give lawmakers pause

http://www.sfchronicle.com/nation/article/Pair-of-pro-gun-bills-on-move-in-House-12243745.php

The House could pass legislation as early as this week that would roll back decades-old restrictions on gun silencers, opening up the market for a device that critics say would make it difficult in a mass shooting to detect where gunfire is coming from.

The House is also expected to move this fall on separate legislation that would allow people to carry their legally concealed weapons across state lines into jurisdictions, such as California, that tightly restrict weapons concealment.

nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.

13 minutes ago, floplag said:

I have extreme disdain for those who use tragedy to further agenda.  If this is your priority right now, your priorities are wrong. 

This countries posture on guns is exactly why things like this happen.  Now is exactly when people should be pointing it out. Politics intertwines with our lives.  Sometimes it's uncomfortable.  Gun advocates should face feelings of discomfort on days like this. 

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

This countries posture on guns is exactly why things like this happen.  Now is exactly when people should be pointing it out. Politics intertwines with our lives.  Sometimes it's uncomfortable.  Gun advocates should face feelings of discomfort on days like this. 

Or, not everyone sees it that way.  I for one do not.   Politics doesn't shape my life. 
Regardless this did not happen because of guns, it happened because a man decided to kill.   People are laser focused on HOW he did so and ignoring completely WHY because its fits their dialog and agenda.
Advocates of removal of freedoms should be uncomfortable most days, thats under far more duress today than anything else

Just now, Adam said:

I'm surprised this doesn't happen everyday. We're so tribal and the tribes hate the other tribes. At least in media and the internet. People are shitty to one another. 

I dont really believe this either.  I think there are those who hate but to assume its the predominant view simply isnt accurate in my opinion. 
We dont hate each other as a rule, but when idiots do stupid things the media jumps on it and its all we hear about and it fans the flames. 

14 minutes ago, floplag said:

Or, not everyone sees it that way.  I for one do not.   Politics doesn't shape my life. 
Regardless this did not happen because of guns, it happened because a man decided to kill.   People are laser focused on HOW he did so and ignoring completely WHY because its fits their dialog and agenda.
Advocates of removal of freedoms should be uncomfortable most days, thats under far more duress today than anything else

Bud, this is so ridiculous.  People are fucked. They will do shitty things.  The day we figure out how to make people not be fucked up monsters is not coming.  IMO it's just wrong to twist and turn and make up reasons for why we shouldn't have SIGNIFICANT restrictions on tools of killing in the name of "freedom".  We don't live in the 18th century anymore.  You don't need to hunt for your food.  Aide isn't  a 4 hour horse ride away.  The Muslims aren't coming to burn your house down. You do not need a gun.  And I'm not being a bossy jerk saying that.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Bud, this is so ridiculous.  People are fucked. They will do shitty things.  The day we figure out how to make people not be fucked up monsters is not coming.  IMO it's just wrong to twist and turn and make up reasons for why we shouldn't have SIGNIFICANT restrictions on tools of killing in the name of "freedom".  We don't live in the 18th century anymore.  You don't need to hunt for your food.  Aide isn't  a 4 hour horse ride away.  The Muslims aren't coming to burn your house down. You do not need a gun.  And I'm not being a bossy jerk saying that.  

You don't "need" a beer either, or most things for that matter

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Bud, this is so ridiculous.  People are fucked. They will do shitty things.  IMO it's just wrong to twist and turn and make up reasons for why we shouldn't have SIGNIFICANT restrictions on tools of killing in the name of "freedom".  We don't live in the 18th century anymore.  You don't need to hunt for your food.  Aide isn't  a 4 hour horse ride away.  The Muslims aren't coming to burn your house down. You do not need a gun.  And I'm not being a bossy jerk saying that.  

That is your opinion, not fact. 
People have ALWAYS been fucked.  Weve always done stupid shit and will always do stupid shit.  And for the most part its always been illegal and no laws have stopped it.  
People dont "need" a lot of things, but yet we have them.  We dont need pot, we dont need booze, we dont need vegan gluten free muffins... but we sure as fuck have them.  
Bottom line it isnt your choice to make that call for them, you dont have that right.  

Just now, floplag said:

That is your opinion, not fact. 
People have ALWAYS been fucked.  Weve always done stupid shit and will always do stupid shit.  And for the most part its always been illegal and no laws have stopped it.  
People dont "need" a lot of things, but yet we have them.  We dont need pot, we dont need booze, we dont need vegan gluten free muffins... but we sure as fuck have them.  
Bottom line it isnt your choice to make that call for them, you dont have that right.  

I'm not making any choice.  I'm making an argument about something I believe in my core.  I will continue to make that argument and hopefully.  Someone who thinks differently is moved.  

40 minutes ago, floplag said:

I have extreme disdain for those who use tragedy to further agenda.  If this is your priority right now, your priorities are wrong. 

Agenda?  You mean not wanting any more 50+ dead mass shootings to happen?  Yes, to me that does seem like a priority.