• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

7 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Outside of OKC, how many fertilizer bomb killings have there been in the US?

You don't get a lot of variety in mass murder weapon choice because rifles are very efficient but if rifles weren't available you wouldn't get less mass murderers. You'd just get more creative mass murderers

2 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

You don't get a lot of variety in mass murder weapon choice because rifles are very efficient but if rifles weren't available you wouldn't get less mass murderers. You'd just get more creative mass murderers

It's almost like people believe there were no mass murders before guns existed 

2 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Can't say I agree with that. Are there a lot of these types of killings in other first world countries that have stricter gun laws, like Canada, and Australia? 

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Can't say I agree with that. Are there a lot of these types of killings in other first world countries that have stricter gun laws, like Canada, and Australia? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_subway_sarin_attack

https://globalnews.ca/news/4166169/deadliest-mass-murders-canada/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36801671

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagamihara_stabbings

They do happen but these countries do not have the same gang/drug culture that we have

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

None of those were fertilizer bombs, and the were all terrorist attacks. Yes, I get you can kill mass amount of people with other objects. Do you think this dude would have rammed a semi truck through the church if he didn't have access to a gun?

27 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Outside of OKC, how many fertilizer bomb killings have there been in the US?

how many more would there have been if guns werent an option?  
WE can both speculate all we want but these people set out to hurt many, it didnt matter who, why is the assumption that thier only option would be a knife or something less deadly than a gun given so much credence in the face of that fact?  Its not logical.

1 minute ago, floplag said:

how many more would there have been if guns werent an option?  
WE can both speculate all we want but these people set out to hurt many, it didnt matter who, why is the assumption that thier only option would be a knife or something less deadly than a gun given so much credence in the face of that fact?  Its not logical.

It's pretty logical to assume there wouldn't mass fertilizer bombings if guns weren't as accessible. Because mass fertilizer bombings don't happen anywhere. Not one place is this a thing. 

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

It's pretty logical to assume there wouldn't mass fertilizer bombings if guns weren't as accessible. Because mass fertilizer bombings don't happen anywhere. Not one place is this a thing. 

Well, one place. But still, I'm with you. In my opinion, one of the reasons that mass shootings are more common here than say mass stabbings, or bombings, or clubbings, etc... is the ease of use to net effect ratio. It just doesn't take much knowledge or effort to use a gun (there are exceptions of course), and in a confined space an amateur can do a lot of damage very quickly. Any of those others requires much more planning or skill/expertise to accomplish as effectively. Once again, I know those things have happened, but you rarely hear of some dude picking people off one by one in some public place with a knife or a bat.

2 minutes ago, Don said:

Well, one place. But still, I'm with you. In my opinion, one of the reasons that mass shootings are more common here than say mass stabbings, or bombings, or clubbings, etc... is the ease of use to net effect ratio. It just doesn't take much knowledge or effort to use a gun (there are exceptions of course), and in a confined space an amateur can do a lot of damage very quickly. Any of those others requires much more planning or skill/expertise to accomplish as effectively. Once again, I know those things have happened, but you rarely hear of some dude picking people off one by one in some public place with a knife or a bat.

So is your solution to take the guns away from people who have no intention of committing mass murder?

Just now, arch stanton said:

So is your solution to take the guns away from people who have no intention of committing mass murder?

Nope. Didn't intend to offer any kind of solution with that post. Just elaborating on why I think the mass shooting route tends to be a common way crazy/angry people seem to act out.

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

None of those were fertilizer bombs, and the were all terrorist attacks. Yes, I get you can kill mass amount of people with other objects. Do you think this dude would have rammed a semi truck through the church if he didn't have access to a gun?

We’ll never know

53 minutes ago, Don said:

Nope. Didn't intend to offer any kind of solution with that post. Just elaborating on why I think the mass shooting route tends to be a common way crazy/angry people seem to act out.

One thing for sure is not to limit the church members ability to defend their church like they did.

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

No, it isnt, it simply suits your opinion to think so.
Ill make it simple, can you guarantee me that these people wouldnt use something even worse or find a way to be even more deadly?

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

No, it isnt, it simply suits your opinion to think so.
Ill make it simple, can you guarantee me that these people wouldnt use something even worse or find a way to be even more deadly?

Yes, because they don't do that now.  

15 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Yes, because they don't do that now.  

So, you want it to be true.  You realize the goal of these people is MASS kills, not one or two, why would they throw up their hands and say well shit i can use a gun maybe a machete will help me kill 50... this makes sense to you? 

So, you want it to be true. 

What is this shit?

So, you want it to be true.  You realize the goal of these people is MASS kills, not one or two, why would they throw up their hands and say well shit i can use a gun maybe a machete will help me kill 50... this makes sense to you? 

If their goal is mass kills, why do they not use the deadlier of the two now?

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

What is this shit?

If their goal is mass kills, why do they not use the deadlier of the two now?

not sure i get the first question, but the second is easy, one is easier than the other today...remove that one and they have 2 choices, use the more difficult one or abandon the goal of taking out more, which is more probable?

5 minutes ago, floplag said:

not sure i get the first question, but the second is easy, one is easier than the other today...remove that one and they have 2 choices, use the more difficult one or abandon the goal of taking out more, which is more probable?

Easy, the option that has happened in places with limited access to guns. Not the scenario you created based on nothing.  

• 1 month later...