• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols - Career BA tracker - 4/30/19 at .302 (Down .003 since last year this time)

zenmaster

On 8/22/2017 at 2:40 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

20th is very generous. Retired guys like kobe are in front of him.

To be fair, kids that go to angel games probably still like him a lot. When i was young, reggie was pretty over the hill, but still "the cool" guy.

My 9 year old son really likes Pujols and enjoys watching and hearing about Albert climbing the all time lists.  Now, Pujols pisses him off too with all his double plays and low batting average, but he respects the heck out of Pujols.

44 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Then you are crazy.

And I can say your full of sh*t.  Both are subjective opinions.  I made my comments before Pujols 3 run dinger last night.  Over last nine games he is batting 280.  You don't know who is going to bat better down the stretch.  As far as you know the guy who was demoted to AAA will bat like he did in April.

My wife and my 12 yr old daughter like baseball enough.  They like the Angels enough.  They like Mike Trout. . .and they like Pujols.

Frankly they can name about five other Angels but none of them are big enough "stars" really for them to care about.  Baseball isn't their life but its cool.

When my son and I want to go to a game, the fact that my wife and daughter are Trout and Pujols "fans" is just enough for them to be fine going to games.

If they don't want to go, we don't go.

When we want to watch the game, they are normally fine watching some or part of the game.

If they don't want to watch, we don't watch.

So we can all rip Pujols to shreds on his performance (I do) but I also see first hand how his star power helps the Angels.

35 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

My wife and my 12 yr old daughter like baseball enough.  They like the Angels enough.  They like Mike Trout. . .and they like Pujols.

Frankly they can name about five other Angels but none of them are big enough "stars" really for them to care about.  Baseball isn't their life but its cool.

When my son and I want to go to a game, the fact that my wife and daughter are Trout and Pujols "fans" is just enough for them to be fine going to games.

If they don't want to go, we don't go.

When we want to watch the game, they are normally fine watching some or part of the game.

If they don't want to watch, we don't watch.

So we can all rip Pujols to shreds on his performance (I do) but I also see first hand how his star power helps the Angels.

Welp that settles it...

TRADE FOR STANTON!!!!

On 8/22/2017 at 3:58 PM, floplag said:

I agree that we dont have an obvious cleanup hitter, in that regard you are correct of course.  But in the absence of that the manager should adjust based on who has the hot hand at the moment and take advantage of that and various matchups.  The lack of an obvious option doesnt make doing nothing and letting him continue to hit into DP with Trout on base the right move either. 
Simmons, no  i would prefer him ahead of Trout.  I think i would put Calhoun there followed by Cron.  Ideal, no of course not, but better is better, and at least he can actually run.  

There's is no option for Albert, you even agreed there wasn't one. So how the hell do you think there is an adjustment? Isn't an adjustment based on what options one has??

If there is no option, there is no adjustment to make even if you think there is one, and bitching about it every day won't change it. lol

Just now, Angels#1Fan said:

There's is no option for Albert, you even agreed there wasn't one. So how the hell do you think there is an adjustment? Isn't an adjustment based on what options one has??

If there is no option, there is no adjustment to make even if you think there is one, and bitching about it every day won't change it. lol

No, i agreed there is no OBVIOUS option, in the very post you quoted i said clearly i felt it should be Calhoun, followed by Cron or playing the hot hand.  I guess you stopped reading at the part you highlighted.  

14 minutes ago, floplag said:

No, i agreed there is no OBVIOUS option, in the very post you quoted i said clearly i felt it should be Calhoun, followed by Cron or playing the hot hand.  I guess you stopped reading at the part you highlighted.  

Oh, I read your ignorant post (and the dozen others that you've said the same crap) and your cry of semantics (obvious) won't fly especially given you seem to think a Kold Calhoun or Cron should bat in Albert's spot..it's nonsense. No option = no adjustment to be made. Of course there are the obvious bad options you suggest, but most aren't silly enough to consider that nonsense. But hey, it won't be long before you demand a replacement for Albert even though there isn't one..so knock yourself out.

Just now, Angels#1Fan said:

Oh, I read your ignorant post (and the dozen others that you've said the same crap) and your cry of semantics (obvious) won't fly especially given you seem to think a Kold Calhoun or Cron should bat in Albert's spot..it's nonsense. No option = no adjustment to be made. Of course there are the bad options you suggest, but most aren't silly enough to consider that nonsense. But hey, it won't be long before you demand a replacement for Albert even though there isn't one..so knock yourself out.

Well that leaves virtually nothing else to discuss so ill be glad to let you get back to shining your Scoscia selfies 

2 hours ago, Angels#1Fan said:

you seem to think a Kold Calhoun or Cron should bat in Albert's spot..it's nonsense. No option = no adjustment to be made. Of course there are the obvious bad options you suggest,

Kold Calhoun is batting .339 with an ops of 1.004 in the month of August. 

Cron is at .297 and .960 

if they are bad options, I can't wait until they heat up

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, zenmaster said:

Maybe Albert read the front page espn story about how he's the worst player in baseball and it caused him to change his approach :) he does seem like a guy who would be bothered by an article like this. 

Or he just likes our acquisition of Upton. 

Pujols has a lot of pride.  He will look for a bounceback season thinkibg he still has what it takes.  If he has a second season like this i think he retires.  You do see a different approach since the big trades.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...