• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols - Career BA tracker - 4/30/19 at .302 (Down .003 since last year this time)

zenmaster

If all these above scenarios are actually true*, I'd like for us to step back a second and see how truly selfish that would be.

A guy who is killing the team is hanging around, just to reach some round number milestones.

*I'm not convinced at all that the round number milestones are motivating him. I think it is just so intoxicating to play big time pro sports that these guys will do ANYTHING to hang around.

Jered Weaver strikes me as one of the more self aware athletes of this era.  He knew he was terrible the last couple years.  Yet he could not give it up.

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

If all these above scenarios are actually true*, I'd like for us to step back a second and see how truly selfish that would be.

A guy who is killing the team is hanging around, just to reach some round number milestones.

*I'm not convinced at all that the round number milestones are motivating him. I think it is just so intoxicating to play big time pro sports that these guys will do ANYTHING to hang around.

Jered Weaver strikes me as one of the more self aware athletes of this era.  He knew he was terrible the last couple years.  Yet he could not give it up.

I think you are most likely right. Pujols loves baseball and remembers his glory days and to him he probably thinks he would be abandoning his team or something if he left before his contract is up. Maybe he thinks he could help the team and bring his performance back up again.

739 at bats at .230avg will get him to .300.  

take 51.7 and divide by the delta from .300 vs. what you anticipate him hitting from this point forward.  that will give you the number of at bats it will take to get to .300.  ex.  If he hits .190 from now on, the delta is .11.  51.7/.11 = 470 at bats.   Now everyone can play at home.  

1 minute ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Maybe we should stop daydreaming about Pujols retiring and leaving hundreds of millions on the table and start daydreaming about a new manager who will bench his ass.

he's not going to bench him if he isn't given a particular body to replace him.   We're never going to see Jefry Marte stealing at bats from Albert.  

14 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Maybe we should stop daydreaming about Pujols retiring and leaving hundreds of millions on the table and start daydreaming about a new manager who will bench his ass.

This.

11 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

he's not going to bench him if he isn't given a particular body to replace him.   We're never going to see Jefry Marte stealing at bats from Albert.  

At this point, I'd go with the Simpsons' inanimate carbon rod.

latest?cb=20121216011741

Imagine you're a woman and this forum is for woman who married men who cheat on them, basically a support group.  

Then imagine every few days you start a new thread about your husband cheating on you.  

Thats what these threads are.  We are bitches, bitching about the same thing in different threads every few days.  

Pass my douche I'm feeling less than fresh.  

I have enough patience for him to struggle through 2018 to get past 3000 hits.  But I really think he should retire at the end of 2018 if he is still performing at his current level.

I can respect his interest in 3000.  I hope he respects my patience for that and respects my interest in moving on after 2018.

9 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I have enough patience for him to struggle through 2018 to get past 3000 hits.  But I really think he should retire at the end of 2018 if he is still performing at his current level.

I can respect his interest in 3000.  I hope he respects my patience for that and respects my interest in moving on after 2018.

Another post where I wish I could give two likes to

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

To be fair, weave tried again in SD. But agree.

Haren is another one. David ortiz could have absolutely gotten another contract. Jeter, a decent number more.

Youre correct in that it sucks the guy is killing the team padding stats. At the same time, to be honest, i think he earned it. (I know ill catch flack for saying that). But hes not the first guy to do it by any stretch. These last few years aside, he is a legend. If we have to suffer a few years for him to get him there....it sucks, but it is what it is. But the contract works both ways. We wanted him, were stuck with him.

Either way, hes one guy. We can move him down in the order or bench him, but until we aquire some fresh blood that can hit, it doesnt matter. Hopefully this year was enough to convince arte pujols cant be counfed on as a bat anymore.

I dont even mind so much him struggling, all players do at some points... he may still right the ship who knows.  it isnt even the payroll as thats basically monopoly money. 
Its the leaving him in the 3 is the thing that makes me want to choke myself out.
Aside from that he just looks miserable, like somethings wrong.. no fire no nothing hes just, there. 

7 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Never intended to suggest me personally.  I hope he respects his relationship with the fans, which is at the center of his legacy.

What relationship with the fans?  We all pretty much hate him and wish he would go back to st louis, and I'm sure he knows it.

27 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

his relationship with the fans is based almost completely in St. Louis.

It would be generous to say that he's about the 20th most popular athlete in LA.

20th is very generous. Retired guys like kobe are in front of him.

To be fair, kids that go to angel games probably still like him a lot. When i was young, reggie was pretty over the hill, but still "the cool" guy.