• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Angels Hot Stove - Winter Meetings - Rumors thread

Chuck

4 minutes ago, DMVol said:

#Angels pursuing 2b, OF, P, nothing high end. Have some $ to spend, more next yr when Josh Hamilton fully off the books

Translation:  Drew or Utley and an OF and P or two I've never heard of.....

I think Drew, Revere, and a pitcher.

22 minutes ago, DMVol said:

#Angels pursuing 2b, OF, P, nothing high end. Have some $ to spend, more next yr when Josh Hamilton fully off the books

Translation:  Drew or Utley and an OF and P or two I've never heard of.....

40 year old dude, some 28 year old OF AA player who will be a AAA player here, a pitcher with a awkward last name that was once a high end prospect in 2008 who pitched in Korea the last 2 seasons 

those type of guys 

What are fans expecting? THis isn't gonna be a quick fix. 2018-2019 are the seasons where I'd expect this team to be legit contenders and look to spend on some impact FA's. I expect this offseason to be another year of small moves and then hope for good health from the rotation and see what happens

This FA class sucks too.

9 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

What are fans expecting? THis isn't gonna be a quick fix. 2018-2019 are the seasons where I'd expect this team to be legit contenders and look to spend on some impact FA's. I expect this offseason to be another year of small moves and then hope for good health from the rotation and see what happens

This FA class sucks too.

I am fine with that....I was fine with Maybin....I'd be fine with Revere....But I would like to see us make a trade for a 2bman rather than sign Drew or Utley, and I'd like to see us trade for or sign another starter..I realize we are limited in what we can do because of minor league depth but we can seemingly take on a modest amount of money, particularly in one year deals (Maybin, maybe Revere) without impacting 18/19....

12 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I am fine with that....I was fine with Maybin....I'd be fine with Revere....But I would like to see us make a trade for a 2bman rather than sign Drew or Utley, and I'd like to see us trade for or sign another starter..I realize we are limited in what we can do because of minor league depth but we can seemingly take on a modest amount of money, particularly in one year deals (Maybin, maybe Revere) without impacting 18/19....

Don't have much to trade though. They don't have the depth or enough talent to do it. They need to keep what they have for now and continue to stock things up.

23 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

This FA class sucks too.

Yes indeed.

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I'm 80% sure that the blurry website in the near field laptop is AW.  

seriously though, that sure as hell looks like fangraphs on the second closest laptop.

That looks like my sons and their friends getting together for a weekend all nighter of Warcraft 8 years ago. Just replace the Starbucks for Dr Pepper and Mountain Dew and you have what we called Geekfest . 

3 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Don't have much to trade though. They don't have the depth or enough talent to do it. They need to keep what they have for now and continue to stock things up.

True that....but maybe there is another Maybin out there...somebody who could be moved because he's making a modest amount of money (without causing problems into 18/19)....we might be able to make that kind of deal again, leaves things ok for 18/19 but potentially keeps us competitive for this year....or a Dietrich from the Fish or Solarte from Pads (might be too expensive)...we'll see....