• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Angels Hot Stove - Winter Meetings - Rumors thread

Chuck

All I said is I wouldn't mind trading Shoemaker for a different critical piece, and that I never am comfortable with any discussion about a rotation with Shoemaker counted on near the top. My goodness, I don't see what is wrong with that.

He is a great story.  Again I am not pulling against the guy!  He is on team and I want him to do well.  I would think a fan should be able to express a player here and there that maybe they subjectively don't quite believe that the best days are ahead instead of behind. 

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Ugh.  Bud Norris?  I hate useless depth.  How many 4th and 5th starters can you use?   I know money matters, but I want my team's GM to never add to the back of a rotation--I want them to add to the top of a rotation and have better pitchers pushed down. . . so you have a legit #3 as your #4, etc.  

dude, singing my song. and we live in the same area, apparently. wait a minute, are you me?

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

I'm not pulling against Shoemaker, but I do believe he is a guy that will turn into a pumpkin at midnight.  I would never second guess trading him for a core piece needed.  He seems to be a gamble I can't mentally resolve.  My brain is constantly chanting to me that he is really a swingman/#5 starter at best who sometimes pitches over his head.  To me, any and all talk of Shoemaker in the top half of a rotation makes me cringe.

alright, you're not me. although i completely understand the fear one can have because his career has been a roundabout. i guess it would depend on how you personally define a "core piece". i'd expect something nice for shoe, he's the best pitcher the angels have right now and he's turned some corners, i think.

The Rays Wilson Ramos deal is so sickening to me they got him really cheap. Yes there is injury risk but if you believe in his breakout year with the bat they just picked up a middle of the order hitter for virtually nothing. Who cares if he is out for the first couple of months. I could be wrong but that is a coup on their part.

1 minute ago, ettin said:

The Rays Wilson Ramos deal is so sickening to me they got him really cheap. Yes there is injury risk but if you believe in his breakout year with the bat they just picked up a middle of the order hitter for virtually nothing. Who cares if he is out for the first couple of months. I could be wrong but that is a coup on their part.

He's always been a good hitting catcher but if his future is mostly DHing then I don't see it being much of a steal.

20 minutes ago, SigBaby said:

He's always been a good hitting catcher but if his future is mostly DHing then I don't see it being much of a steal.

Of course DH'ing would decrease his value but if he continues hitting around a wRC+ of 120-130 range that would be worth easily $30M+ on a 2 year deal in this market right now. Don't get me wrong there is some risk here but it screams bargain deal to me.