• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Angels Hot Stove - Winter Meetings - Rumors thread

Chuck

9 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

Utley better be a last case scenario.  If the Dodgers thought he had anything left, they'd be bringing him back.  They are letting him go because they know there isn't much left in the tank.

He was terrible playing in Dodger Stadium last year. They may be letting him go simply because they have the prospects and money (we don't) to find a better, younger 2B but that doesn't mean he's done. 

I agree though - I hope he is the last resort option. I would be gobsmacked if they can't find a way to bring a better, younger player into the fold with Harrison, Espinosa, Dietrich, Asauje, Hernandez, Spangenberg, Solarte, Peterson, and Garcia all with varying levels of being realistically available. I think I would prefer any of those over Utley. But if for some reason none of those were doable, Utley wouldn't be bad.

9 minutes ago, totdprods said:

He was terrible playing in Dodger Stadium last year. They may be letting him go simply because they have the prospects and money (we don't) to find a better, younger 2B but that doesn't mean he's done. 

I agree though - I hope he is the last resort option. I would be gobsmacked if they can't find a way to bring a better, younger player into the fold with Harrison, Espinosa, Dietrich, Asauje, Hernandez, Spangenberg, Solarte, Peterson, and Garcia all with varying levels of being realistically available. I think I would prefer any of those over Utley. But if for some reason none of those were doable, Utley wouldn't be bad.

When mediocrity is considered an "upgrade".

59 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I pretty much agree with this.  If none of the options materialize, sure Utley would be fine for a year, but I am really hoping it doesn't come to that.

2 hours ago, greginpsca said:

Didn't Theo start off with the Padres?

He actually interned with the Orioles for three years but yeah -- his professional career started with the Padres.  Larry Lucchino played a HUGE role in his becoming what he is..   Theo followed him to SD, took up law school at the suggestion of Lucchino and then made the move to Boston when Lucchino went there.

32 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Good news ladies and gents.  Billy was seen at the hotel this morning and even had some comments about the offseason.

I might be paraphrasing a bit, but he said something like 'The pancakes at this place are fukkin awesome!'.  

Does he like PEANUT butter with his pancakes?