• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Angels Hot Stove - Winter Meetings - Rumors thread

Chuck

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Just keep the money and the 2nd round pick. Turner isn't going to put us over the top. 

Signing Arrieta next year, with a returning Heaney and Tropeano might, though. 

The move is more about 2018 and beyond  ... they can still spend next off season. 

Trout years

6 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I still don't see the fit....unless they have a deal in place for Escobar...

I'm there with ya. It is interesting that it's come up again. I'd think it is likelier they will try Turner at 2B for a year than move Escobar (otherwise I think he would have been dealt already) but still a little nervous about Turner being able to play 2B. He hasn't done it in a long time with any regularity and he's had some knee injuries since. 

Still, it'd be a nice upgrade.

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I'm there with ya. It is interesting that it's come up again. I'd think it is likelier they will try Turner at 2B for a year than move Escobar (otherwise I think he would have been dealt already) but still a little nervous about Turner being able to play 2B. He hasn't done it in a long time with any regularity and he's had some knee injuries since. 

Still, it'd be a nice upgrade.

The knee injury is old news ... it's like riding a bike :P

Dodgers can have Escobar for a top prospect:)

As I will discuss in the 3B section of the Primer Justin Turner has been one of the best defensive 3B in baseball the last two years. Honestly at $18M-20M his defense alone is worth a lot of that money and what he ends up providing with the bat would push make up the rest. He doesn't scream that type of contract when you hear it but the results from the last 2-3 years support it. I just hope he doesn't turn into a pumpkin that's all! :D

There is almost no motivation for Arte to take payroll above his comfort threshold.  This was never about the CBT.  It's about keeping payroll around a certain level so as not to accumulate any debt against the equity value.  

since 2011 in millions

2011 - 143

2012 - 160

2013 - 143

2014 - 164

2015 - 149

2016 - 170 (estimate)

Do we see a pattern here?  I do.  

This is a 'reel it in' year.  We're at around 150 right now.  I can see him taking it to around 160 to start the year.  But I doubt we get too far beyond that.  Even though we were pressed up against the CBT for awhile, it's all about the real number.  

Anyway, I think we might add an ancillary pen piece and trade for a serviceable 2bman.  

35 minutes ago, totdprods said:

BA reporting that signed LHP Connor Bach to a minor-league deal; tall hard-thrower w/ decent SL, 4.27 ERA in 52 MiLB games, 6.8 BB/9

We're gonna continue to see a lot of these minor league transactions 

not getting any hopes up for 2017. I wonder what kind of impression this puts on guys like trout pujols Richards Calhoun etc ..bummer

20 minutes ago, nando714 said:

We're gonna continue to see a lot of these minor league transactions 

not getting any hopes up for 2017. I wonder what kind of impression this puts on guys like trout pujols Richards Calhoun etc ..bummer

This guy is literally lower-level filler - not even 'peanut' status - but thought it was still worth posting here.

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

??

Heyman and Olney have both tweeted about the Angels looking into players today. They're even posted on this very page.

A Heyman tweet about "checking in" on Turner (which could literally mean anything, they do background work on everyone) and Olney said what we've known this entire time (what, that they need a second baseman and pitching?)

Seriously, riveting stuff. I should probably sit down for when I see the tweet about "the Angels wanting to get better". Might not be able to contain my excitement. 

2 minutes ago, Cdaniel said:

Who do you guys follow on twitter to get the latest news?

I created a Twitter account just for following baseball rumors and followed all the Angels/LA area beat writers - Fletcher, Shaikin, DiGiovanni, Moura, etc. and then all the big MLB writers - Rosenthal, Olney, Heyman, Chris Cotillo, etc., as well as a couple other longtime writers from big baseball markets Adam Rubin, Nick Piecoro, what's his face in Boston. Taylor Blake Ward and Matt Eddy are great for Angels minor league and minor league news respectively.