• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Angels Hot Stove - Winter Meetings - Rumors thread

Chuck

On 12/1/2016 at 10:00 AM, wopphil said:

Utley is done. He had a .658 OPS from May 29 through the end of the season. He wouldn't be much of an upgrade over Cowart. I'd rather the team use the money to sign a good relief arm.

Preach it ...  I would much rather they go into the season with a black hole at 2B than spend money on a guy who had one good month mask a season of full blown decline.  Likewise, I'd rather see them add bullpen pieces.

22 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

The fact we're even talking to Drew basically sums up where this offseason is headed.

Of the names being mentioned, Drew might have the best upside at the lowest costs, he's a FA so it would only be money.  

Say what you will about Drew but he's coming off a 125 OPS+  and 124 wRC+ season.  He can still play defense including at SS.   He's had injury issues and can't hit lefties anymore so it's not like he's someone to get excited over but he seems to be one of those guys who is a known name and it's working against him.   He's Drew, a family of well known a-holes, and he's been plagued by injuries in recent years, seemingly also a family trait.  

I'm not saying sign him because I really don't think there is a player out there that is guaranteed to make a big enough impact at 2B to be a difference maker but if they could sign him for the 3 Mil the Nats paid him last year, he'd be a decent get.

54 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Preach it ...  I would much rather they go into the season with a black hole at 2B than spend money on a guy who had one good month mask a season of full blown decline.  Likewise, I'd rather see them add bullpen pieces.

Watch what you say. AW police might get you 

2 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Watch what you say. AW police might get you 

Notice how no one attacked his post, it is because he has a very good way of explaining himself and he is well respected here, at least by me he is.  

At least with a guy like @CALZONE he never complains like that about the mods, we just have different opinions.   

If you get multiple mods calling you out, it is because we happen to share an opinion, not because we are out to get you or we have some secret "chuckie" agenda for AW.  You've been around long enough to know this is true, but since you had your feelings hurt, you see what you want to see.  

Just now, totdprods said:

According to Taylor Blake Ward/Matt Eddy, Angels signed SP John Lamb to a minor league deal. Tall lefty with pretty good minor league numbers, but pretty awful with the Reds. Only 26 though, and once a highly-regarded propsect.

Already worked once, with JC Ramirez coming from the Reds after struggling there.

2 minutes ago, Angels_Baseball said:

Eppler is going apeshit with all of these pickups. I really like the depth he's starting to build up. 

Really makes me think they're not intending on adding a FA SP, or they're considering dealing one. Or the dude just really wants to win the lottery. I like that all of these guys are fairly young too. Dipoto seemed to go after the older guys who had seen success early - Volstad, LeBlanc, Rich Hill even. The higher floor, lower ceiling type. Eppler is the opposite.

42 minutes ago, totdprods said:

According to Taylor Blake Ward/Matt Eddy, Angels signed SP John Lamb to a minor league deal. Tall lefty with pretty good minor league numbers, but pretty awful with the Reds. Only 26 though, and once a highly-regarded propsect.

If that is true I'm REALLY happy about the potential in that deal. Lamb had back problems this last season but before that he was looking like a really nice starter option for the Reds so hopefully the back thing isn't something that holds him back.

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

our pitching was so bad last year I'm happy with virtually any new blood on the staff, regardless of role.

Well when 3 pitchers go down with elbow issues or working their way back I don't expect it to go smoothly . 4 if you count Wilson