• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official World Series Thread

Tank

26 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Honestly just remembered taht Joe Smith is on the Cubs and gets a WS ring

Imagine having the depth of talent to leave Joe Smith and Jason Hammel off your postseason roster. As much as neither of them are great, they're both relatively effective major league pitchers.

1 hour ago, ScottT said:

I cared in 2003 who won the previous year.  Still do.

I'm not screaming and posting nonsense on social media like I'm a Cubs fan, but today is a remarkable day for Cubs fans and Chicago.  Shitting on it and them is pretty weak. 

No one is shitting on it.  It's a great accomplishment.  But like every other year, fans quickly transition to the next year.  World Champions only get to enjoy it for about a month, then their GM's start changing their rosters, and time moves on, and all the focus goes to the next year pretty quickly.  Certainly Angel fans enjoyed 2002 and always will, just like Cubs fans enjoyed 2016 and always will, but most of the rest of the baseball world and certainly general public move on quickly to what is ahead.  It's the same in all sports, you're the champion for one year. and unless you repeat all the focus and attention goes onto the next different contenders and eventual winner.  Maybe the Cubs will be different and win for five consecutive years, but that's really hard, and probably won't happen

I too like Maddon even if he isn't the messiah a lot of people on here think he is.  Maddon won for one simple reason, he had better talent, talent that last night bailed him out.  He looked very familiar this entire series.  

What I didn't know heading into this series is that Francona was that good.  I obviously knew he was good, just didn't know he was that good.  

If we were to breakdown or list all of the questionable calls in this world series, I would assume Maddon's list would be a lot longer.  

12 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Hate to see the 108 year drought continue, but it would be cool to see a LB State pitcher win a WS game 7 for the first time ever.

And he will probably do it.

Chapman still?  WTF?

I agree.  

Chapman did show guts going back out there, and going 1-2-3 in the 9th.

I wonder if the rain delay affected Shaw, even if a short one, because he looked good in the 9th.

Zobrist has been a clutch guy in his career, no big surprise that he drives in the winning run.

Edwards almost got a WS game 7 save, to tell his grandkids about.  Montgomery can do so, though.   Lucky for him that the weaker hitting Martinez had to hit, since no bench remained to pinch hit for him.

I felt bad for a fellow LB State grad taking the game 7 loss.   But, it was nice seeing a 108 year drought end.   Must be crazy in ChiTown this morning.    Is any work getting done anywhere?

And these two teams are the clear favorites for 2017, at this point.   Imagine this current Indians team PLUS Salazar, Carrasco, and Brantley.