• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official World Series Thread

Tank

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

I too like Maddon even if he isn't the messiah a lot of people on here think he is.  Maddon won for one simple reason, he had better talent, talent that last night bailed him out.  He looked very familiar this entire series.  

What I didn't know heading into this series is that Francona was that good.  I obviously knew he was good, just didn't know he was that good.  

If we were to breakdown or list all of the questionable calls in this world series, I would assume Maddon's list would be a lot longer.  

Francona is good but I was surprised to see Shaw back out there for the 10th after the rain delay. IMO Shaw didn't look very good in the 9th, and was bailed out by the botched bunt and great fielding play by the SS. I thought having Shaw pitch the 10th was a huge mistake.

Shaw had a little command issue in the 9th, but it was worse in the 10th.    It was a short rain delay, but it still seemed to affect him.

Would Otero have been any better of an option?

Otero was excellent (1.53 ERA and 0.91 WHIP) during the 2016 season, and had been mostly solid in the post-season although allowing two HRs (1 in ALCS, GS in game 6).   But it seemed that Francona was hesitant to use him in important situations.  Did the GS by Russell sour Francona on Otero for game 7?

19 hours ago, Stradling said:

I too like Maddon even if he isn't the messiah a lot of people on here think he is.  Maddon won for one simple reason, he had better talent, talent that last night bailed him out.  He looked very familiar this entire series.  

What I didn't know heading into this series is that Francona was that good.  I obviously knew he was good, just didn't know he was that good.  

If we were to breakdown or list all of the questionable calls in this world series, I would assume Maddon's list would be a lot longer.  

He certainly did have a few head scratching calls, but the decision to pinch run for Schwarber in the 10th, really set up that inning. No way Schwarber tags up on the Bryant flyball. 

I continue to be amazed at the sheer joy of Cubs fans over this event that has been more than a century in coming. Case in point: The fans who have visited and decorated Harry Caray's grave. Harry once said, "As sure as God made green apples, someday the Cubs are going to be in the World Series." Caray's headstone is surrounded by baskets of green apples.

14900318_10155100443928797_5885444075702

On 11/2/2016 at 10:11 PM, CALZONE said:

Maddon's team was down 3-1 and with a comeback World Series victory on the road gives him the edge IMHO.

That guy can still motivate no matter what decade.

His bullpen miss management blew a 3 run lead in the bottom of the 8th.

Don't think even 1 school district would close for an Angels V parade, but all of them in the greater Chicago area closed for the day. People not in the parade/rally area before 7AM our time (9 am) were turned away. People drove in from surrounding areas and other states..Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin.. One guy I know drove down from Michigan and said he saw lots of other cars with flags etc on the highway yesterday.

Heard about 1 guy who got an Uber ride from Wisconsin..700 bucks. I knew it would be big.. but that was just nuts.

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

Don't think even 1 school district would close for an Angels V parade, but all of them in the greater Chicago area closed for the day.

schools shouldn't be closing because a baseball team won a championship 

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

His bullpen miss management blew a 3 run lead in the bottom of the 8th.

Blarg his team went wire to wire after embarrassing us on our own field opening week. How can we possibly question his managing. He's done a terrific job balancing star players with youth. Scioscia has had the luxury of money, star players and youth for years only to fail numerous times since 2002. Best record in baseball in 2014 only to fail badly and get swept in the playoffs so don't go bashing Joe Maddon for not being perfect. He got the job done against another pretty good team and manager. 

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

Blarg his team went wire to wire after embarrassing us on our own field opening week. How can we possibly question his managing. He's done a terrific job balancing star players with youth. Scioscia has had the luxury of money, star players and youth for years only to fail numerous times since 2002. Best record in baseball in 2014 only to fail badly and get swept in the playoffs so don't go bashing Joe Maddon for not being perfect. He got the job done against another pretty good team and manager. 

IMG_2151.JPG

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

Yes it's Scioscia's fault.  Remind me again when he had the collection of youth and talent the Cubs currently have?  When did he have a 1-4 as good as Lester (multiple time World Series champion that had a great year), Hendricks (ERA champ and possible cry young winner this year), Arrieta (last years Cy Young winner), and Lackey.