• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official World Series Thread

Tank

Cubs haven't won since 1908. Indians haven't won since 1948. One massive streak is going down in the next week.

Also, the last time the Cubs played in a series, baseball wasn't integrated yet. So when Dexter Fowler leads off tomorrow night, he'll be the first player of color for the Cubs in a world series game.

Also, the last time the Cubs were in a world series, the NBA didn't yet exist.

Funny you should say that. The one and only game I have attended at Wrigley Field they handed out pink Cubs hats.  The announcer addressed the crowd "Please rise and remove your hats as the Chicago Gay Men's Choir sings our National anthem." After the song was over very few put their pink hats back on. I guess they weren't Cubbies fans. 

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Funny you should say that. The one and only game I have attended at Wrigley Field they handed out pink Cubs hats.  The announcer addressed the crowd "Please rise and remove your hats as the Chicago Gay Men's Choir sings our National anthem." After the song was over very few put their pink hats back on. I guess they weren't Cubbies fans. 

how did you guys sound? 

4 hours ago, Tank said:

Cubs haven't won since 1908. Indians haven't won since 1948. One massive streak is going down in the next week.

Also, the last time the Cubs played in a series, baseball wasn't integrated yet. So when Dexter Fowler leads off tomorrow night, he'll be the first player of color for the Cubs in a world series game.

The 3rd leading cause of death was diarrhea 

I can't wait to see if the Tribe can force Lester to make pickoff throws and if Maddon is going to stay on the same track of exempting him from trying to keep runners honest.  What the Dodgers were doing against Lester was hilarious because even with a 20' leadoff they still wouldn't run.  If Lester doesn't throw to first it will be a track meet because given a leadoff even remotely close to what they gave the Dodgers the Tribe will run and succeed.   Other than this factor, I would favor the Cubs for game 1 but I think it is their weak link in this particular pitching matchup. 

Man if this series started two days after the ALCS, I would have given the edge to Cleveland because their arms were so hot.  I have no idea if the layoff will affect them or not.  Obviously I give the offensive advantage to the Cubs, but the pitching for Cleveland has looked so dominate, it reminds me of the 2005 White Sox, but with arms that are more dynamic.  

14 hours ago, Tank said:

To put the last time the Cubs won the WS into perspective:

1, The Titanic was still in the design stage.

2. The beginning of WWI was still 6 years away.

3. Just 5 years earlier, the Wright brothers flew the Kitty Hawk.

4. AIR was graduating high school.

Best friend was a Cubs fan and was killed in a car accident without seeing his team win anything but a division title in 1984.  I used to kid him about 1908 being the last time they won it all.  I looked up the players on that team and the last one died in 1971.

So, since the Angels aren't there I'm rooting for the Cubs. 

Near Chicago native, that plus 108 year wait = rooting for the Cubs.

Will be a classic WS between truly the two best teams in MLB.

Indians pitching gets stronger with Salazar returning and Bauer possibly healthy for either game 2 or game 3.

Two of the best MLB managers go at it, as well.   

Still predicting the Cubs, in a classic 7 game series

Big question, will colder weather in two cold weather towns play a factor?