• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official World Series Thread

Tank

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Yes it's Scioscia's fault.  Remind me again when he had the collection of youth and talent the Cubs currently have?  When did he have a 1-4 as good as Lester (multiple time World Series champion that had a great year), Hendricks (ERA champ and possible cry young winner this year), Arrieta (last years Cy Young winner), and Lackey.  

Well right now we don't have a solid 1-4 and we won't for a long time. We don't even have an Ace. Scioscia's days as a championship manager are over because we hired the wrong GM in Dipoto. Scioscia has two years left and this team won't be able to reverse the damage fast enough to send him out a champion. But he knows this.

5 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Well right now we don't a solid 1-4 and we won't for a long time. We don't even have an Ace. Scioscia's days as a championship manager are over because we hired the wrong GM in Dipoto. Scioscia has two years left and this team won't be able to reverse the damage fast enough to send him out a champion. But he knows this.

So then why did you blame Scioscia?  Oh I know why.  Because Claude. 

16 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

100/1 on MLB futures in Las Vegas for the Angels to win the 2017 World Championship. Tied with the Padres and A's.

Good luck

If your info is correct ... you need to take that bet. I know I will!

i probably the only idiot that bet on the Angels in 2002@60-1@$200smackers

do the math :)

4 hours ago, Lou said:

schools shouldn't be closing because a baseball team won a championship 

I disagree. This is a huge deal for the city of Chicago, one day off isn't going to kill them.

My mom surprised me by taking me out of school to go to the Angels celebration in 2002, and we had a blast together. It's one of the fondest memories I have with her.

20 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I disagree. This is a huge deal for the city of Chicago, one day off isn't going to kill them.

My mom surprised me by taking me out of school to go to the Angels celebration in 2002, and we had a blast together. It's one of the fondest memories I have with her.

Don't let Lou fool you, they closed his school when the Angels won in 2002.

2209997057_6d6c79aa32_z.jpg

When I was a kid teachers let us listen to the games on our transistor radios (yeah I'm old)...some teachers would just bring a radio in and turn it on for the whole day (yeah I'm old...the WS was played during the day back in the 50's and 60's).

Baseball was still the National pastime then, football was a distant third to basketball, but baseball was "it". 

Very impressive attendance at the Cubs' parade on Friday. An amazing sea of humanity. Having said that, can local officials really estimate the crowd size at 5 million and do it with a straight face? That's some serious pom pom shaking by local officials.

Let's break this down. Chicago has a population of 2.7 million and the metro area has about 9.5 million people. Local schools were off but it was still a work day. Among that number, there are elderly, a high percentage of non-sports fans, White Sox fans and probably a ton of Cubs fans scared off by the hoard and content to watch the proceedings on TV. Sure, the number could be augmented by out-of-towners but I'm having a hard time buying that the parade had almost double the city's population and more than half the number of people that live in the metro area. 

4 hours ago, ukyah said:

oh goodnes lou, it's one day in the lifetimes of chicagoans, their education will survive.

they can go to the parade, I just think it should be the parents who make that decision.  

what is the single mother who works during the day and has kids in the 2nd, 3rd and 5th grade supposed to do? should she stay home and risk losing her job? what if she just started after being out of work for a long time? are those kids supposed to be left alone all day?

I realize it's hard to believe, but some parents don't care about baseball. 

Chicago's school enrollment has decreased every year for a decade, with a majority of those kids opting for charter or private schools. If you don't think that matters, the school's budget is based upon attendance, so these schools have lost millions of dollars.

People are always bitching about the quality of education but don't do what it takes to make the necessary improvements. This one is on school officials. I have to think it was an easy decision for them because they wanted to go to the parade, not giving any thought to the parents who don't want their kids running loose among millions of people all day. There were 5 people shot to death from Friday afternoon to 1:45am Saturday. The victims' ages were: 18,19,20,28 and 1 unknown. Something tells me these guys spent a lot of time on the streets when they should have been in a classroom. 645 people shot to death this year in Chicago- more than NYC and LA...combined.  Those are just the number who died. Over 3200 people have been shot. 

Now I realize this "just one day" may not be a big deal, but you have to start somewhere. If a parent decides it's ok for their child to miss school, then ok. But the school is there to educate the rest. They even get paid for it. But I'm sure we'll be hearing about how they are all underpaid, work long hours...

Roll Tide 

Edited by Lou