• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aroldis Chapman

Becomes a free agent at the end of this season. Given his off field antics, would you be willing to sign this player?

Personally, I have no problem with what a player does outside the lines. I don't need role models on my team, I just want my team to win.

I would be in favor in signing Chapman.

Go Halos!!!

Just now, 19HALO71 said:

Becomes a free agent at the end of this season. Given his off field antics, would you be willing to sign this player?

Personally, I have no problem with what a player does outside the lines. I don't need role models on my team, I just want my team to win.

Go Halos!!!

I wouldn't.  I am the opposite.  I don't need the players to be saints, but at a certain point you cross the line.  I don't want to cheer for someone who is just a terrible person.  Its why I hated the Hamilton signing from the start.  I also like players that children can look up to.  In the world of social media and quick access to the internet, its easy for kids to know about who these guys are and what they have done.  When they see that everyone is cheering for them, accepting them, and putting them on a pedestal, it creates a notion in the child's mind that its okay to, say, beat a woman.

Just now, hangin n wangin said:

Is Hamilton a terrible person though? Or just a drug addict?

Even before he signed with the Angels and then burned them while placing the blame on Arte for not knowing he was just going to screw up despite promising otherwise, he cheated on his wife and constantly made excuses every time he failed in a big moment.  Terrible might be a strong word, but he is not a good person addict or not.  Anyways, I don't really want to make this a discussion of Hamilton.  Shouldn't have even used that example.

16 minutes ago, 19HALO71 said:

Go Halos!!!

I would rather have bad guy off the field than the blow-pen on the field.

10 minutes ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

I wouldn't.  I am the opposite.  I don't need the players to be saints, but at a certain point you cross the line.  I don't want to cheer for someone who is just a terrible person.  Its why I hated the Hamilton signing from the start.  I also like players that children can look up to.  In the world of social media and quick access to the internet, its easy for kids to know about who these guys are and what they have done.  When they see that everyone is cheering for them, accepting them, and putting them on a pedestal, it creates a notion in the child's mind that its okay to, say, beat a woman.

That Salas person really seems to be a great guy.  And Santiago is just a wonderful person.

Personally, I would take a Chapman or KROD any day.

1 hour ago, 19HALO71 said:

Go Halos!!!

Arte wouldn't sign him.

"Becomes a free agent at the end of this season."

Word is the Yankees have already approached him with a deal. Now they may deal him at the deadline because of this, but that doesn't preclude them from approaching him as a FA.

Go Halos!!!

I don't care what u do off the field if it's drugs and hurting yourself. But if u are a domestic abuser child abuser and u have a bunch of dui your kind of an ass face and don't want you on the team I root for. And will root against you every chance I get 

Off field antics aside I don't see the Angels being willing to spend what it will take to sign a guy like him.  Given their many needs I don't blame them.  Having a shutdown closer is huge but they're better off spending money other ways.  Some of that money could go to multiple bullpen arms and the hope is one of them runs away with the job.

I can't stand the dude and wouldn't root for him if he played on the team.  Regardless, I don't think the Angels should be signing many free agents next season.  They just need to take their medicine and get better slowly gain some money and come back in 2018

Oh and hamilton is a bad person.  Not because he's a drug addict, but because he is a bad person.

2 hours ago, yamsi12 said:

A pricey closer is probably the last thing the Angels need to be spending money on.

Off field issues aside, this is my thought. Chapman is a closer. If we don't score runs and we're always behind, it hardly matters if we sign him.

For the "I don't care what he does, just how he plays" crowd, people who fire handguns (eight times, no less) to settle an argument and feel the need to choke women in order to get their points across go a little beyond your garden variety domestic dispute. He could easily have killed the woman in question.

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Serious question though. If we aren't going to spend money on quality relievers this off season, who are we going to spend it on (we have the money off the books)? 

If we aren't going to spend money again this offseason, when are we planning on improving the club, 2020?

Have you seen the upcoming free agent class? Last year was the time to spend, and we didn't.