• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Aroldis Chapman

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Do you really believe he only does drugs in his house? You don't think a millionaire player doing blow ever gets behind the wheel of a car? You don't think he could possibly be abusing his wife while on a bender?  How about caring that it does harm to his children, or is that a he or she problem? Are his kids at fault for not stopping him?  

How about what it does to his performance on the field? Just because he isn't on the field with a straw up his nose doesn't mean the team doesn't suffer. 

I guess u didn't read what I said or I was also texting this but I agree completely with what you said. If the guy is just doing drugs in his house and not harming his kids or his wife it's on him or if he's single but stay inside. If the guy uses and then drives or abuses his wife kids whatever fuck him. I hate that Greg hardy got a job last year in the NFL. That Adrian Peterson still has a job. Dude whipped his kid with a stick guys an absolute ass hole human being and if I was a fan of the Vikings which I'm not I wouldn't be till he retired. I don't understand how fanatics of teams can root for the team and not the players themselves. The Angels signed Hamilton guy was a drug addict and awesome that he "got clean" but it was never out there that he was abusive eye for yo himself so that's on him he seemed from the outside looking in other than being a druggie like he was decent guy but maybe it was just how the media portrayed it. Long story short if the Angels signed or any of my teams signed dudes who are abusive to kids or wives or women I'm just not a fan of that stuff and hence the team could suck it haha. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding in post. 

To ALF's point, the 2017 season could be a lot more interesting if we went out and built a tremendous bullpen.  One that could actually make up for our lack of starting pitching instead of one that we are worried about over exposing.  That said, I just don't think any combo of players is going to turn the 2017 club into a playoff contender.  

14 hours ago, Dochalo said:

To ALF's point, the 2017 season could be a lot more interesting if we went out and built a tremendous bullpen.  One that could actually make up for our lack of starting pitching instead of one that we are worried about over exposing.  That said, I just don't think any combo of players is going to turn the 2017 club into a playoff contender.  

I don't either, but as bad as this team is right now, I don't think it's out of the question to think there is hope for the 2018 season. Part of that is going to be spending smart int he FA market with an eye towards that season. With a protected pick this offseason it makes sense to start now, and I think Arte will.

I do think if there's a protected pick you use it to your advantage, but I'm not sure Chapman is the one worth going after. I guarantee Arte will have second-thoughts on expensive free agents with off-field issues after what's transpired. 

Reddick or Cespedes seem more likely, and Jansen before Chapman.

There are simply way too many needs and not enough resources to go around to devote that much money and payroll for a pitcher who throws 50-70 innings, even if they're as dominant as Chapman's. If he wanted to revisit starting that would change my tune a bit, but I can't see that being in the cards.

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

I do think if there's a protected pick you use it to your advantage, but I'm not sure Chapman is the one worth going after. I guarantee Arte will have second-thoughts on expensive free agents with off-field issues after what's transpired. 

Reddick or Cespedes seem more likely, and Jansen before Chapman.

There are simply way too many needs and not enough resources to go around to devote that much money and payroll for a pitcher who throws 50-70 innings, even if they're as dominant as Chapman's. If he wanted to revisit starting that would change my tune a bit, but I can't see that being in the cards.

Would Reddick command 20+ million like Cespedes?