• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2016 MLB Draft Thread

Blarg

5 hours ago, ukyah said:

i bet molina doesn't sign. also, he sounds like a goof. he's got a shit gpa and apparently no sat score. he has no intention of going to college, imo. you might think that makes him a cinch to sign, and maybe that's so, but i see he's going to a community college. my bet, the angels won't overpay him, so he goes to CC and reenters next year's draft. it seems based off of that story and his gpa that the big bonus baby money is all he and his family are really after.

not stoked with my first impression.

There will need to be some selling involved to get him to sign.  

7 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

There will need to be some selling involved to get him to sign.  

implied in my post was that i don't think much of his character. the angels need prospects, so hopefully he signs, but i don't think much of his potential. time will tell the story.

On 6/9/2016 at 5:49 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Fuck these Fucking Losers.

Reminds me of when the NY Rangers picked Dylan McIlrath at #10 in the NHL draft when Fowler, Tarasenko, Kuznetzsov were still available. McIlrath looked like a Goon/Enforcer type when he was drafted & has turned out to be a guy who takes way too many penaltys.

On 6/9/2016 at 6:59 PM, bloodbrother said:

So with the Angels viewing him as a 1B.....and considering they drafted him in RD1, they really need to hope his bat is great. Average bat doesn't cut it when it ocmes to 1B prospects, especially ones taken so highly

cj-cron-angels.jpg

5 hours ago, Dochalo said:

not sure if anyone posted this, but here is Taylor Blake Ward's scouting report on picks 11-20

http://www.scout.com/mlb/angels/story/1677791-angels-draft-scouting-reports-rounds-11-20

TBW does good work -- Doc, not sure how much you've been looking at the numbers and histories, but even the college picks seem to have the term "athletic" associated with them.   Across the board it seems the pitchers drafted all have a knack for throwing strikes and many of the hitters have extreme batting eyes...   It also seems like they had absolutely no pause when it came to picking undersized players with at least one extreme skill set.  All in all it seems there was a real effort made to find value.

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Is he saying that in a good way, the "pre dipoto" years? Not taking a side good or bad, but is law suggesting the last drafts were flawed philosophically?

Well, he called the drafts crap when they happened....  he didn't really double down and repeat himself in the current article.  He had a lot of praise for the Newcomb pick when it was made but he didnt think it was a good draft.  

Mostly he was pointing out that the direction seemed to have shifted back to where it was prior to Dipoto coming on board -- to guys with upside.

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

TBW does good work -- Doc, not sure how much you've been looking at the numbers and histories, but even the college picks seem to have the term "athletic" associated with them.   Across the board it seems the pitchers drafted all have a knack for throwing strikes and many of the hitters have extreme batting eyes...   It also seems like they had absolutely no pause when it came to picking undersized players with at least one extreme skill set.  All in all it seems there was a real effort made to find value.

totally agree.  everyone has a bit of upside.  skilled position players ie C, MIF, CF etc.  even though guys may not stick at those spots, they seem to have value.  I have no idea whether these players will amount to much, but it's certainly added interest at the very least.  

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

not sure if anyone posted this, but here is Taylor Blake Ward's scouting report on picks 11-20

http://www.scout.com/mlb/angels/story/1677791-angels-draft-scouting-reports-rounds-11-20

Lund has a solid swing from the left-side, but can become slappy at times. 

I've read enough!!!!!!!  W I N N I N G!!!!!