• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2016 MLB Draft Thread

Blarg

For a dude who was home-schooled and only took one class in a public school so he could play baseball, I'd hope Williams can be pulled away from more school and signed. 

I think the Angels prioritized drafting guys they felt they could sign fairly easily. A lot of college seniors, a lot of guys earlier than projected.

All kinds of goofy things happen after 20 rounds. The Angels draft Torii Hunter in 22. Seattle picks Trey GRIFFEY in 24. Trey is a wide receiver with some highlight clips with the Wildcats. He hasn't played baseball since age 11 and has no interest in playing it now. But it WAS the 24th round. 24. Get it? 24. Griffey Jr. Yeah. That's good old 24.

1 hour ago, eligrba4ever said:

All kinds of goofy things happen after 20 rounds. The Angels draft Torii Hunter in 22. Seattle picks Trey GRIFFEY in 24. Trey is a wide receiver with some highlight clips with the Wildcats. He hasn't played baseball since age 11 and has no interest in playing it now. But it WAS the 24th round. 24. Get it? 24. Griffey Jr. Yeah. That's good old 24.

There are WAY too many draft rounds if teams give that little of a shit about those picks.

i bet molina doesn't sign. also, he sounds like a goof. he's got a shit gpa and apparently no sat score. he has no intention of going to college, imo. you might think that makes him a cinch to sign, and maybe that's so, but i see he's going to a community college. my bet, the angels won't overpay him, so he goes to CC and reenters next year's draft. it seems based off of that story and his gpa that the big bonus baby money is all he and his family are really after.

not stoked with my first impression.

I think molina will sign with us.  I don't see him ever being someone that would jump into the top 5 rounds because of his history.  Best case I think is that he goes to a JC and gets picked in the 7th or 8th round.  Pretty risk considering.  The hope is that he signs now and has learned from his mistakes so he goes out and plays like he's got something to prove.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I think molina will sign with us.  I don't see him ever being someone that would jump into the top 5 rounds because of his history.  Best case I think is that he goes to a JC and gets picked in the 7th or 8th round.  Pretty risk considering.  The hope is that he signs now and has learned from his mistakes so he goes out and plays like he's got something to prove.  

i agree that he wouldn't jump into the top 5 rounds, but i'm curious to see if i'm right. if so, then i take that as a sign the kid and his parents are only about that short money.