• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Keith Law: "by far the worst (farm) system I've ever seen"

yk9001

Per Keith Law

2015 rank: 27

2016 rank: 30

Players in Top 100 (2016): 0

I've been doing these rankings for eight years now, and this is by far the worst system I've ever seen. They traded their top two prospects in the Andrelton Simmons deal and had no one remotely close to top-100 status. They need a big draft this year to start to restock the system or we're going to start talking about whether it's time to trade Mike Trout.

(sorry, i do not have insider for the link)

The comment about the Simmons trade is indicative of just how dysfunctional this organization is right now....at a time when we have few prospects, we trade our two best for a nice player at a position that, at least for now, needed no upgrade...that, in and of itself is bad, but if the trade were made with the idea that we're going for it now, we're all in, it would be more tolerable....but we're not, we've essentially shut down any FA spending, for the third straight offseason....I guess I've become a Negative Nancy but I just don't get it....maybe there is a secret plan....right....

Edited by DMVol

No he's not.  His timing is premature but he's stating the fact that many teams face with a star or superstar - if you aren't contending and the guy won't sign an extension do you trade him to get the best deal or risk losing him to FA?  Trout's 5 years from FA so it's not worth discussing in the next 3 years but if the franchise isn't competitive in the next 3-4 years that's the reality the Angels may be facing.  A lot will happen between now and then and only time will tell.

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

I can't stand Keith Law, he is Boston homer.  That being said, he isn't wrong that the system is really bad.

"Worse" is completely subjective but yes, it sucks.

I agree all around.

No way I can defend this crop of up & comers. 

We just have to hope that we get a few guys that come out of nowhere this year in our farm system. It has happened before. Hopefully it will happen again.