• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Keith Law: "by far the worst (farm) system I've ever seen"

yk9001

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Hey it's been awhile since I got one of these!

Now I admit things are looking up with the farm system, and especially with Ohtani's signing, but we are still 4 years out on that prediction, and that is a time period that takes us beyond the current contracts of Trout and Simmons.  

So you're sticking to your team winning under 60 games consistently prediction?

1 minute ago, HaloCory22 said:

Give tons of credit to Eppler and the scouting staff. They fast tracked the Angels about a year to a year and a half ahead of what most optimists predicted. I figured 2019 would be the turn around year for both the farm and big club. Great to see.

For sure, I am very impressed at how quickly this has all transpired.  

On 2/10/2016 at 9:44 PM, Scotty@AW said:

At what point do we begin to blame to Ric Wilson?

Right now.  Now is the time in which we blame Ric Wilson, past Scotty.  Also, way to keep fighting the good fight.  You were totally right about Jahmai Jones and Mike Clevinger, but also completely wrong about Chris Ellis and Mark Sappington.

6 hours ago, SuperTroopers said:

He’s such a blow hard. 

Meh it was easy to be negative/pessimistic in those days, the wounds were all still very fresh..   There was still a lot of doubt as to how much truly fell on Arte .vs JD and nobody had any real clue what Eppler was bringing to the table ...  

This thread is neat to look at because we have a lot more info now.   Jerry moved on to Seattle and repeated a lot of his actions up there --  nobody really believes his roster construction was due to Arte handcuffing him anymore, at least they shouldn't..   Arte is no longer viewed as meddlesome... he's sat back and let his GM do his job, he's given him the payroll when he wanted to spend it and best of all, Eppler turned out to be the GM we had hoped Jerry would be..    

Three years ago optimists and pessimists alike were terrified we were on our way back to becoming the 1993 Angels....    

In Eppler we trust (now do something about the pen).