• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heyward to Cubs

Mauch Won

Seriously, stop saying he took less. That is such bullshit. His agent just advertised the 200m deal to get more money. I have no doubt that he took the highest offer.

yea this seems likely to me as well. Wasn't the guy that first broke it some Cubs blogger that thought the Cubs got Shelby Miller also?

Edited by UndertheHalo

Why do I get the feeling the Angels never actually made an offer?

I mean I get that he apparently took less to play with Chicago so it wouldn't have likely mattered. But you can't sign anyone if you don't offer them a contract.

All you need to do now is say that about ten more times in other threads and it will become fact.

Bring on the fire Arte threads.

Seriously, stop saying he took less. That is such bullshit. His agent just advertised the 200m deal to get more money. I have no doubt that he took the highest offer.

No doubt? Even with all the reports on Washington offering 200mil.

No doubt? Even with all the reports on Washington offering 200mil.

Here is how it works.

Cubs are the team with the highest offer because the Cards just dropped out.  Agent tells Cubs he has an offer for 200m from another team and that 8/185 wont cut it.

Agent sends mass text to sportswriters saying that they have a 200m offer from the Nats.

Sportswriters say: "Sources: Heyward has 200m offer from the Nats"

Cubs say they wont budge from their current offer.  Agent tells Cubs that Heyward will join them even though they offered less.

Upton makes the most sense IMO. Him or Cespedes have the power the team is looking for now but the 2 year age difference gives Upton the edge

Why?  28 v 30 isnt that big a deal and YC put up much better numbers   if we are talking 3-4 years for either one i dont think age is a factor in this case personally. 

It isnt like either one is at a point where thats a huge concern assuming similar contract lengths of course. 

Cespedes - career w/ men in scoring: .305avg

men on base: .289avg

Upton - career w/ men in scoring: .252avg

men on base: .267avg

This makes me want Cespedes but the age difference makes me feel like Upton might be the better choice. Depending on where Scioscia plugs Upton in the lineup maybe it could improve his numbers?

It's kind of interesting with Cespedes, the mere fact that we might get out of this post season without giving up our pick is possible.  We could sign Cespedes, Freeze, a couple of good bullpen pieces, maybe another nice bench piece, and call it a day for now.  I think we would be competitive in our division, and still protect some future.  It's a long season, we might want to save a bullet or two for the trade deadline if we are in the mix.

We might want to get the torch oil out and sharpen up the pitch forks a bit. Better to be prepaired.

ive already wrapped a t shirt on my head and put on a really old wife beater shirt.

And ive called the pizza hut to warn them of whats coming to them...for their part in us laying an egg this winter

Cespedes makes way better contact than Cron though and he is good at defense.  Cron may as well not even join the field of play he is so bad.

Actually....

Cespedes Contact % - 78.3%

Cron Contact % - 80.3%

Of course, if you meant that Cespedes makes better hard contact than Cron then that would be correct

Edited by bloodbrother

Here is how it works.

Cubs are the team with the highest offer because the Cards just dropped out. Agent tells Cubs he has an offer for 200m from another team and that 8/185 wont cut it.

Agent sends mass text to sportswriters saying that they have a 200m offer from the Nats.

Sportswriters say: "Sources: Heyward has 200m offer from the Nats"

Cubs say they wont budge from their current offer. Agent tells Cubs that Heyward will join them even though they offered less.

That sounds like a solid plan, right up to the point where the Washington GM has to answer for his team getting beat out by a smaller bid. Natswin.Com will want answers!