• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heyward to Cubs

Mauch Won

What about Heaney or Skaggs for Soler, and then sign a SP?

Cubbies may want a real cheap, controllable arm with the contracts they've signed (and will need to sign within the next few years to keep that team together)

I was just thinking that too. Heaney + ?? for Soler sounds about right?

Cubs, before arbitration are still at a $130 million payroll. 

And in three years once all these talented young players start hitting arbitration? Plus some will probably receive some extensions in coming years. 

A cheap arm like Heaney or Skaggs would be helpful to them.

After the meetings ended, I didn't really see Heyward going to the Angels anyway. If it was going to happen, it should've happened before or at the meetings.

Now once the terms are issued, the rest of the outfield should start moving. 

The next domino to fall will likely be Alex Gordon. I can see him going to four teams, maybe five. He's an older version of Heyward basically. The four teams are 1. Back to the Royals, 2. Giants, 3. Angels, 4. Cardinals, 5. Maybe the Orioles if they miss out on Davis.

And if not Gordon, the Angels may have to go with a backup plan. They need another lefty bat. Ibanez and Joyce have been disasters and David Murphy was going to cost too much. 

They signed Gentry, and if they get a lefty platoon partner, technically they could re-sign Freese or Kendrick to shorter term deals.

Now that Heyward is out, do we want one of the other top OF options at a huge contract?

Davis strikes out too much and would be playing out of position. 

Upton and Cespedes are right handed. I'd be fine with either, but not at $200 M. Those of you who think Upton signs for anything less than $150M are kidding themselves.

They could get Kim, from Korea, who is a free agent. Or could turn to Denard Span or Dexter Fowler. All three of those players are lefties and can defend.