• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heyward to Cubs

Mauch Won

Was just about to post this, Upton has the lowest of the 3 at 73%

And that is his main area of concern. He has a good approach, doesn't chase pitches outside of the zone....yet he still strikes out at a high rate which means he's simply swinging and missing through pitches in the zone

All of these guys have their warts, but I'm leaning towards this team needing Upton more considering he does draw walks and gets on base(something this current roster lacks).

Edited by bloodbrother

ive already wrapped a t shirt on my head and put on a really old wife beater shirt.

And ive called the pizza hut to warn them of whats coming to them...for their part in us laying an egg this winter

Ahhhh not Pizza Hut again. I'll be rockin my new skinny arm tat sleeves. Oh, and not on Saturday, I've got a thing.

Was just about to post this, Upton has the lowest of the 3 at 73%

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=0&type=5&season=2015&month=0&season1=2015&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=12546,13110,5222

check out the outside the zone swing %.  

Upton's skill set will age better and he's 2yrs younger.  

He took less than 200 million to go to Chicago. Nothing you can do about a guy taking a discount to play in a specific place but it bothers me that DiGiovanni tweeted we were "never seriously involved"

I have no problem with Heyward signing with the Cubs if that's the team he wanted to play for.  I do have a problem with never seriously involved and if that's true, I have no idea what the Angels are trying to accomplish.

1097008-1423019132.gif

Schwarber or Soler (one of the two in a package) to Cleveland incoming.

I don't think Heaney nets you Soler. Skaggs definitely doesn't. I feel like there is a lot of value in Soler out there, with one example being the Braves who wanted Soler from Chicago for Miller (though i'm sure there were more pieces involved). I think that if the Cubs trade Soler, it will be for a big time pitcher like Carlos Carrasco. Maybe Soler, Hammel, and Almora for Carrasco.

Cubs will then sign Span/Parra to a 3 year deal. Probably Parra (given that they've spent so much $ already). I can see him for 3/23 for a chance to play on that team.

Heyward, Zobrist, Rizzo, Bryant, Schwarber, Russel, Montero, Pitcher, Parra
Arrieta, Lester, Carrasco, Lackey, Hendrick

wow.

I could also see a Schwarber deal instead of Soler, maybe for Salazar. Schwarber and Hammel for Salazar

Honestly, I'd have been totally ok with that heyward deal.  the cubs have made deals with two guys that I really wanted on this team and done so at a level I'd have been fine with.  bummer for us.  

Don't you get the feeling that the Mets and the Cubs are "the teams" to play for right now and no amount of reasonable money can change that?

I have no problem with Heyward signing with the Cubs if that's the team he wanted to play for.  I do have a problem with never seriously involved and if that's true, I have no idea what the Angels are trying to accomplish.

1097008-1423019132.gif

I think it went like this.

Heywards Agent:  We have a deal for $184 million, and one for $200 million already.

Angels:  We'll offer you $184 million.

Heywards Agent:  No, we already have a deal for $184 million and another for $200 million.

Angels:  So you will take $184 million.

Heywards Agent:  Nevermind, you guys were never in it.